No announcement yet.

Barrett-Jackson , Scotdale Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Brian- The car has a 74 Chevy 350 w/TH350 trans, Tilt wheel from same 74 Malibu, 74 Nova subframe, 85 Monte Carlo 10 bolt rear, 84 Cutlass master cylinder and booster along with the suspended pedal, 63 GT dash, 57 Golden Hawk seats, A/C is an aftermarket slimline of unknown make. The nice part of the subframe is the power steering, A/C and all did not have to be re-engineered. Color is 92-96 Ford Deep Jewel Green. Runs and drives great. It was built by a friend in Omaha in 93.

Denny L

Comment

I've never been to the BJ auction but I'd sure like to go. Between the initial program and the reruns, I probably see a significant amount of the program. While there are a lot of high priced iron that seems to go for elevated prices, I'd take $30K and come away with a great street rod that probably cost some one $80-100K to build. A lot of them go for much less than the cost of construction.

You would just need to be there before saturday by my viewing.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
        I've never seen a bargain at Barret-Jackson, just a bunch of fools with too much money to get bragging rights when they get home with a car that cost them twice what it is actually worth.
        Oh, there are bargains for sure! As has been said, you have to be there on off-peak times. Check out Tuesday from last Scottsdale:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...&ed=01/19/2010

I would LOVED to have bought Lot# 6 as just one example! Browse the Tuesday-Thursday listings from previous years and you'll no doubt find a few you'd call a real bargain

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
        I'd take $30K and come away with a great street rod that probably cost some one $80-100K to build. A lot of them go for much less than the cost of construction.
        Bob, the above link has one made-to-order for you! See #66
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Posted by Bob Andrews
          Bob, the above link has one made-to-order for you! See #66
          Right you are Bob, It's not my style but a great example of what $19 large could buy you at BJ.

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X