Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here met Sherwood Egbert, other leaders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want this to swing off topic, but Churchill obviously was a little out of touch with reality. The REALITY was that there were orders that Studebaker lost because they took so long to fill them. I have that on the authority of a Studebaker dealer of the time. He said they were losing business because of the delivery issues - inferring it was NOT the product or the marketing solely.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Scott
      The REALITY was that there were orders that Studebaker lost because they took so long to fill them. I have that on the authority of a Studebaker dealer of the time. He said they were losing business because of the delivery issues - inferring it was NOT the product or the marketing solely.
      Again, for those of you not steeped in Avanti lore, a lot of orders were cancelled because of late delivery issues.
      However, some of the delays were product or engineering related (trouble with some bodies moldings, etc).

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Scott
        The REALITY was that there were orders that Studebaker lost because they took so long to fill them. I have that on the authority of a Studebaker dealer of the time. He said they were losing business because of the delivery issues - inferring it was NOT the product or the marketing solely.
        Again, for those of you not steeped in Avanti lore, a lot of orders were cancelled because of late delivery issues.
        However, some of the delays were product or engineering related (trouble with some bodies moldings, etc).

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Well, I got the details from that article. There would have been multiple reasons as the other guys said. Suffice to say we haven't been able to buy a new Studebaker since 1966, and will never again.

John Clements
          Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Well, I got the details from that article. There would have been multiple reasons as the other guys said. Suffice to say we haven't been able to buy a new Studebaker since 1966, and will never again.

John Clements
            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
            X