Delco-Remy to Studebaker Cross Reference Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delco-Remy to Studebaker Cross Reference Needed

I have a NOS Delco-Remy starter drive housing (the Studebaker-specific 'snout' that bolts to the bellhousing) but the Studebaker part number tag was not readable. The Delco-Remy part number is 1913892.

Anyone with a Delco-Remy to Studebaker cross reference that could look up the Studebaker part number for me?
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Just measure the mounting surface of the flange to the tip of the "nose" and someone can tell you if you have an Automatic or Standard Trans. Housing for a '51 to '61 Stude. V-8 with Delco Starter, or possibly a 6 Cyl.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Good idea Rich. However, the housings are different part numbers between 6 volt delco and 12 volt delco. But........since the armature shafts are different between 6 and 12 volt (approx 0.600" for 6v versus approx 0.450" for 12v), I can determine that this is a 12V housing. So, based on the snout measurement on www.studebakerparts.com, this is an automatic drive housing.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
        Good idea Rich. However, the housings are different part numbers between 6 volt delco and 12 volt delco. But........since the armature shafts are different between 6 and 12 volt (approx 0.600" for 6v versus approx 0.450" for 12v), I can determine that this is a 12V housing. So, based on the snout measurement on www.studebakerparts.com, this is an automatic drive housing.
        Well, I'm back to square one. I double-checked the bushing size, and this is a six-volt housing. (What threw me at first was that I forgot the drive end of the armature shaft is smaller in diameter than the rest of the shaft. But when I compared the bushing size with a Delco 12v V8 armature, the bushing in my housing is too large in diameter for that armature.) Unfortunately there were two different part numbers for 6V automatic drive V8 starter bendix housings -- one for '51, and another for '52 thru '55.

So......I'm back to square one. Anyone that can cross reference this Delco-Remy number?
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Working...
        X