Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daughter finished 6th in points overall at the Drag Strip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter finished 6th in points overall at the Drag Strip.

We attended the annual awards banquet Saturday night for our local track. My 17yr old daughter recieved an award for 6th place in the Sportsman Bracket. She raced her 64 Cruiser the whole season with the exception of one due to a sports injury. She ran the rest of the season with a knee brace on her throttle leg. It was fun to watch her compete. She had a friend riding with her for fun in the second half of the season. In the last race of the year she broke out by 2 hundreths of a second. She then entered the catch-all bracket where you race what ever pulls up next to you. She beat several 9 & 10 second cars from the super pro bracket. The Cruiser slowed down due to changing weather conditions and lost in the semi finals.

Gordon

That's seriously cool, Gordon. My 17 year old just hit a mailbox that I had to fix the next day after someone, probably drunk, ran her off to the right side of the road. I'm still very proud of her for reacting quickly and really glad she wasn't hurt, but beating 9 & 10 second cars...that's awesome! She's not ready for that. Thumbs up to dad...

Comment

NICE! Pass on my congratulations! I'd love to race one of my cars someday, but that isn't happening anytime soon
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

'Way cool, Gordon. Congrats.

Hmmm....with all these unattached young guys on the forum....!!

BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Fantastic, great to see a young person out there at the drag strip getting it done with a Studebaker. Do you have the new engine you were building in the car?
          Richard
          The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm really proud of my daughter, and racing her Cruiser is like icing on the cake. She started racing a Jr Dragster @ 13 years old. That gave her so much confidence and awareness of her surroundings. In the future when she finds that special someone. He will either say thanks for getting her into Studebakers & motorsports, or cuss me.

Richard, I'm still working on the other engine for her. I'm hoping to someday have a set of ported heads for the balanced .060 over 259. The one she ran all season is an engine that I bought locally on CL. Its a 61 289 that ran good but leak oil everywhere. I changed all the gaskets and threw in a Fairborn cam.

Gordon

Comment

Working...
            X