Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

56 golden hawk on ebay ... what's it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    Wow, hope the poor fit that just paid near $13k for a car needing everything doesn't find out he could have had a nice one for $4k more
    There will always be a market for nice, unmolested examples even if they'll cost more in the long run. Factor in the optimistic restoration budget estimates and they find a home. I've been doing this for over 50 years and I still get sucked in. i.e., when I bought a solid 57 GH for $3500, I was convinced I'd finish it for 10K, but spent 20K. Just two years ago, I budgeted 4K to finish the restoration of Sid after the PO spent 50K and missed by more than 6. It's all about the desire to save the car, otherwise most restorations would never get done, folks would just buy done cars..
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
      Didn't all Stude cars of 56 have those belts?
      Only cars with the fairly rare option of seat belts. Seat belts weren't standard equipment as in later years. If you mean type, yes this was the only type offered for 1956.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I bought this Mocka and Doeskin 56j about 8 years ago from out of Victa Ville in CA for around $7500 when the OZ dollar was 75% to the US, so it cost me about 10K OZ. The car was a one owner with about 60K miles on the clock, and zero rust. Trouble with the pink and white car on ebay it had been stored for so many years on a dirt floor and with the rising damp creeping up through the frame it hasn't done it much good, with such low miles it should have been in a lot better condition, rust wise.

MG]http://[/IMG]
        Brian Greenall
        Melbourne, OZ
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
          I bought this Mocka and Doeskin 56j about 8 years ago from out of Victa Ville in CA for around $7500 when the OZ dollar was 75% to the US, so it cost me about 10K OZ. The car was a one owner with about 60K miles on the clock, and zero rust. Trouble with the pink and white car on ebay it had been stored for so many years on a dirt floor and with the rising damp creeping up through the frame it hasn't done it much good, with such low miles it should have been in a lot better condition, rust wise.

]
          Sometime during its life, the wheelcovers were changed to 1957s.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X