Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (S)
    replied
    Is it really 40 feet long, or is that an optical dillusion ?

Leave a comment:

• Gary1953
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    First thing I saw the headlights I thought: Kaiser. Did I get that right?
    I thought the same thing but I believe they are Buick.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    First thing I saw the headlights I thought: Kaiser. Did I get that right?

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    What a cool car!

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    I was thinking - it took a lot of nads to put the torch and spoon to an essentially new Packard! The wreck theory sounds right. Yeah, this would've been stylin' back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I imagine that it was built from a Packard that was in an accident and got its front end crushed. It is too old to be a Studebaker-Packard Packard. It is only two counties from me (where Bondo is). I do not plan on bidding on it.

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    That is pretty darn cool! I think it would look better in it's original white though, instead of brown.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    That Nash grille looks as good as any eggcrate grille on a Ferrari.

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    That is a pretty high quality custom, alright. I actually like the front end treatment better than the stock Packard grille, and the Continental kit is not all out of line on a car of that caliber.

If I could get it for the opening bid, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but I suspect it will go high. There's only one of it, and it's magazine car, and an attractive one at that.And the Olds Rocket engine probably has the 4- speed Hydramatic behind it, which means it could be pretty good on gas for beast of its size.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    I bet in its day that car was a real head turner. I am not a custom guy, but this one is tasteful enough to almost be a production car. But...I don't want it.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    Actually, I kind of like this thing. However the continental kit is not to my taste. nor is the brown color. I would guess that the body work was done with lead. As kmul221 said, this would have been a real hit in 1954, all the period correct stuff is there. I find it very interesting how many old hot rods and customs seem to be surfacing lately, I mean high quality cars that were magazine features and show winners,.

Leave a comment:

• kmul221
    replied
    Don't forget this is 54 thinking & back in the day would have been considered "sharp".Not my cup of tea but I can appreciate all the work put into this one.

Leave a comment:

• clonelark
    started a topic If cars could be moody and say leave me alone

If cars could be moody and say leave me alone

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Old-S...item1c17296ba3
Working...
X