If cars could be moody and say leave me alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If cars could be moody and say leave me alone

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Don't forget this is 54 thinking & back in the day would have been considered "sharp".Not my cup of tea but I can appreciate all the work put into this one.

Comment

Actually, I kind of like this thing. However the continental kit is not to my taste. nor is the brown color. I would guess that the body work was done with lead. As kmul221 said, this would have been a real hit in 1954, all the period correct stuff is there. I find it very interesting how many old hot rods and customs seem to be surfacing lately, I mean high quality cars that were magazine features and show winners,.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I bet in its day that car was a real head turner. I am not a custom guy, but this one is tasteful enough to almost be a production car. But...I don't want it.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

That is a pretty high quality custom, alright. I actually like the front end treatment better than the stock Packard grille, and the Continental kit is not all out of line on a car of that caliber.

If I could get it for the opening bid, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but I suspect it will go high. There's only one of it, and it's magazine car, and an attractive one at that.And the Olds Rocket engine probably has the 4- speed Hydramatic behind it, which means it could be pretty good on gas for beast of its size.
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

That Nash grille looks as good as any eggcrate grille on a Ferrari.
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

That is pretty darn cool! I think it would look better in it's original white though, instead of brown.
              Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
              1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I imagine that it was built from a Packard that was in an accident and got its front end crushed. It is too old to be a Studebaker-Packard Packard. It is only two counties from me (where Bondo is). I do not plan on bidding on it.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I was thinking - it took a lot of nads to put the torch and spoon to an essentially new Packard! The wreck theory sounds right. Yeah, this would've been stylin' back in the day.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

What a cool car!
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

First thing I saw the headlights I thought: Kaiser. Did I get that right?
                      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                      Romans 15:13
                      Deuteronomy 31:6
                      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                        First thing I saw the headlights I thought: Kaiser. Did I get that right?
                        I thought the same thing but I believe they are Buick.
                        Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO

Comment

Is it really 40 feet long, or is that an optical dillusion ?

Comment

Working...
                          X