Avanti wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti wheels?

A local guy has a set of wheels for sale. He says from an 84 or 85 Avanti. Perhaps they came with the car, or were aftermarket. The numbers on the wheels are 15X6C JJ Dot Tech 4-18-84. On the inside the marking is 2U5.
    Does anyone recognize the pic or the numbers?
    Thanks
    georgr@ptd.net
    Attached Files

My guess would be aftermarket as the bolt holes look like they were designed to fit a couple of bolt patterns. Not a fan of Unilug type rims but a lot of people have run them successfully. They look a lot like the ones that came with my 83 but not exact.

My best guess.

Bob
    Last edited by sweetolbob; 11-13-2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I am pretty sure all of the factory Avanti wires are true wire wheels, not wire baskets. Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
        I am pretty sure all of the factory Avanti wires are true wire wheels, not wire baskets. Steve
        Probably on the 63/64 but my 83 had the basket type. If it gets to be important, I'll post a couple of pictures. They are on the original window sticker but won't get back on the car.

Bob

Comment

Well a 15X6 wheel would be a good width for a Stude. if the offset is good, and you like fake wire wheel covers.

How well they look, probably depends on what model you put them on, they would sure look cheesy on an Avanti.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
          X