No announcement yet.

'52s...let's see 'em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Hanson didn't like the fender welt painted the color of the car. And I don't blame him a bit.

Comment

This one is my favorite '52, belongs to Gary Grant from the Karel Staple chapter in Sacramento

And sweet little convertible belonging to KS Member Bob Bryant

And one more taken at the 2009 PSW Zone meet, not sure who has this one.

Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Nice '52

Here's a photo of Bob Maker's '52 Commander.Click image for larger version

Name:	2005NWOverdrive 007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1666190

Bruce Kerslake

Comment

Craig
          Last edited by 8E45E; 11-13-2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Some more pictures that I took in Branson.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

One from eBay recently. I would like to have one like this.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

How about this nice pair from Glendale. The one on the right belongs to Karel Staple Chapter member Lou Van Anne of Stockton. IIRC, he got it from a little old lady in San Francisco that only drove it to church on sundays.

Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
                  Tom Hanson didn't like the fender welt painted the color of the car. And I don't blame him a bit.
                  I nearly purchased that gorgeous car off Tom at the Las Vegas Meet in 1989 & I agree with you about those rear fender welts.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                  MELBOURNE.

Comment

Those are some beautiful 52s I was just admiring those 52 Hardtops and someone slipped in that black LandCruiser. What a beautiful car that was.
                    I fell in love with those 52 Hardtops back in the early 70s when the Pate swap meet was south of Fort Worth, a guy showed up in a two tone green one and it was love at first site.
                    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                      Some more pictures that I took in Branson.

'You guys do realize that the pictured 1952 Commander State Convertible is the exact color combination of the 1952 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car, right? And a pretty one it is, as have been all the cars in this thread. The black Land Cruiser is especially stunning. Nice topic. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

They made trucks too <G>

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

In my parents' new LC. (Heck, dunno where that apostrophe goes...sorry.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	as time goes by wide type.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1666197
                          Last edited by Johnnywiffer; 11-14-2010, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Hi

I like the somewhat busy grille of the '52's. It surprise me how the car looks without the grillework, though. If someone wants to do a custom, a little trim that emphasizes the sweep under would look good, note the grillework of the customized convertible.

Is it possible to mount the taillights upside down? I seem to recall seeing a '52 in a junkyard years ago that had the taillights so mounted. The car had other mild 'custom' changes as well.

Steve

Comment

Ooooo, some nice cars in here (and neat to see the 2R also!). Thanks for the pix. Keep 'em coming. I saw another '52 today, sort of, in an antique market...a 1:24 friction dealer promo model in superb condition. Were I drowning in money I'd have bought it on the spot, pricey though it was.

S.

Comment

My date of purchase pic and my current never to be finished pic.

Purchased on March 3, 06. People ask me when I'm going to paint it.
                                Right now I kind of like the paint, but I'm sure down the road I will get
                                bored and try something different. Joe
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X