Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you need transport for your Studebaker or hauling done .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim, to be fair, Peg has done literally hundreds of hauls for members here, including several for me personally, latest about a month ago. Never had a minute's problem with her- she has always done as she said she would- every time.

So how about answering the specific charges in this thread and on the H.A.M.B.? If you would like to generate business, avoiding charges in favor of taking a dig at someone well-known is NOT the way to make that happen. How about it??
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

All the facts Heather Marie ...

Originally posted by 4jc8z View Post
      Ironically, he used the photograph of 'my' car in his attempt to gather more business on the forum, while jerking us around.

Is there anybody in SE Kansas or the Joplin MO area or nearby that can help, or be available to store the car in their yard until we can get down to claim it, if it can be found? I don't trust anybody or place that is connected this Jim Jarzabek / Truly Vintage Transport, after his lack of communication, and bordering on behavior that is punishable by law.

I am not going to further violate this forums policies, but will include a link we wrote on another forum about this individual's behavior.

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530614

Heather M. Ratti-Fedor
      Gossip and lies make for a better story ...

The Cyberworld is full of them

It is very easy to create lies & stories about someone in cyberspace because
      you don't like them, post them on forums, then provide links to them on other forums

The Cyberworld is not the real world - I live in the real world

Here is a direct quote from Heather Marie in a PM exchange from
      the HAMB regarding the transport of her vehcle:

" If you have to do the transport in segments, that's okay as long as it eventually ends up in Michigan. On our end, our place is a farm so theres plenty room as long as you have equipment less then a semi or wedge. If theres any concern, I can have Ken meet you at the local truck stop off the expressway with a trailer and roll it from yours to his. He is currently unemployed, so I can assure you that at least he would be available almost anytime. "

Heather Marie, I understand you are 23 and your mother is dying of cancer

I have compassion for your frustration and anger

I also believe you have a manipulative boyfriend/husband

The facts are:

You won an auction on the HAMB for free transport by me
      You paid the HAMB directly - never a penny to me

You then bought a car and I picked it up in California

Regular communication between you & I took place
      via PM messaging on the HAMB

I called your contact phone number several times and left several messages
      in addition to the PM messages - you never returned my calls - you never
      have spoken with me on the phone

You never indicated any rush to get your vehicle - you specifically stated
      you hoped it would be in Michigan by Winter in at least one PM

Then - I receive a PM and phone call by your boyfriend/husband
      demanding immediate delivery and/or the whereabouts of the car

The PM came from a different HAMB member account than your account
      that we had been communicating on and the one that posted the winning
      auction bid

I replied to that request from that different HAMB account that the request
      for the vehicle location had to come from you as you had won the auction

You then sent me a PM and at the same time started the Thread to which
      you have provided a link to on the HAMB

I replied to that Thread with the location of your car, copies of the
      PM exchanges, and expressed sympathy for your mothers' cancer

Your actions in posting misinformation & lies are deliberate and
      constitute slander and libel

At no time has your car ever been in my possession without express
      written permission

At no time has your written request been denied

Again, I paid out of pocket to transport and safely store your car

You have paid me nothing

Jim
      Last edited by Trulyvintage; 11-13-2010, 04:40 AM. Reason: Insert quote from Heather Marie

Comment

MR. Vintage,
        What a nice dodge on questions. Here is what I do know. You do not use "brokers" because you are not qualified to transport cars. And by being qualified I mean having CURRENT authority and insurance to do so. And you have been pre-paid partial payment to do this job with the balance due COD. As for your reference to me, I am allowed to take a vacation and be away from my phone. If all the info posted on you is in fact wrong, please by all means provide us with your MC# or DOT#. Prove to the members on the board here that you are qualified to do the job. I haul cars on a daily basis and this is a pretty rotten way to do business. You see I have proper authority and INSURANCE to do so. I use actual bill of ladings. Cars are signed for when picked up and delivered. If you have the proper paperwork where is your bill of lading proving you had authority to haul this car be it an INOP or not?

Peg

Comment

Whoa- I think I just got an idea for a tv show...

StudeDave '57
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

what is this doing on the forum ???

Comment

Any time trust is involved, people should pay attention.
              Maybe that is why this is here.
              I don't have a dog in this fight. but reading some of the other people relate their experiences, it makes one wonder about about the service in question.
              One bad experience, gone to forum scorn without complete explanation is one thing.
              But multiple experiences? Can they all be wrong?
              Either there is something to the claim(s), or there is something to the business model.
              Trusting you new toy to a third party 'running barefoot' (no DOT or insurance) in order to save a few bucks brings with it a risk the owner has to be willing to assume.
              And there are few, if any, rules when a package is entrusted to an unregulated or uninsured third party.
              Some things you do at your own risk, and making a whole bunch of noise later on is probably not going to help.
              And the reply to that noise? That is telling also.
              Pointing fingers, and playing the blame game is not ever going to be an item in a successful business plan.
              All things that should be taken into account when making that transport decision.
              Here's what some other links from some other forums had to say......
              The links came from that same HAMB posting..

(copy)

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages...tml?1276498784

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f353...med-28675.html

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/tt...es/812608.html
              Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 11-14-2010, 05:25 AM.
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Recycled Cyberspace Spam .....

Recycled Cyberspace Spam ....

Instead of posting links to recycled cyperspace spam reflecting opinion .....

Facts - not opinions ....

The person who started this Thread is a liar

The statements she has made here & on the HAMB have been shown
                to be untrue by her own PM correspondence

Her own written words prove that without a doubt

Address that fact

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by pegaleg View Post
                  MR. Vintage,
                  What a nice dodge on questions. Here is what I do know. You do not use "brokers" because you are not qualified to transport cars. And by being qualified I mean having CURRENT authority and insurance to do so. And you have been pre-paid partial payment to do this job with the balance due COD. As for your reference to me, I am allowed to take a vacation and be away from my phone. If all the info posted on you is in fact wrong, please by all means provide us with your MC# or DOT#. Prove to the members on the board here that you are qualified to do the job. I haul cars on a daily basis and this is a pretty rotten way to do business. You see I have proper authority and INSURANCE to do so. I use actual bill of ladings. Cars are signed for when picked up and delivered. If you have the proper paperwork where is your bill of lading proving you had authority to haul this car be it an INOP or not?

Peg
                  Peg,

There are thousands upon thousands of vehicles shipped every day
                  without the need of your services

Some folks find transport without the need for a broker
                  Broker services are not requested - not desired - not paid for by them

More than one Forum member has expressed dissatisfaction here
                  on this Forum with your direct failure to serve them - that is a fact

Deal with that fact

Jim
                  Last edited by Trulyvintage; 11-14-2010, 06:51 AM.

Comment

My guess is that a regular forum friend on the west coast may have another take on the personalities of half of this transaction for more insight. <G> Two sides to every story, every time, but my one vote is for this thread regardless of what the entire story may be. It can be helpful for serious decisions on transporting our Studebakers by anyone, beyond the two here.

I have to count myself as lucky having a transportation company deliver my recent convertible last May. My storage location, where it was delivered, also has an extremely qualified transportation business there and was all over the non-licensed, non-insured carrier who dropped it off in front of his building. The guy had an expired license and when checked, had zero insurance! The car was delivered safely, but I was unaware that my car could have been impounded anywhere along the trip from California had he been pulled over by the State Police for not being a qualified transporter with the proper paperwork. There are tons of folks out there under the radar doing this. Be careful. I learned a valuable lesson that day. My ears still hurt, however!

Trulyvintage, I'm not sure if you are paying the thousands of dollars annually that it takes to maintain the needed licenses to be qualified and insured, since you haven't answered that, but we all know there can be squirrelly customers as well as squirrelly drivers. One unhappy customer does not a bad transporter make, but if you're qualified and insured there should be plenty of happy customers to back up your offer here. Dodging the license question will not help your business, though.

Comment

Not so fast sir.
                      My comment was for the buyer of the service to be aware.
                      I also pointed out that there were multiple forums with multiple replies and some were linked to in my reply, which was clearly stated.
                      It also was clearly stated that the replies said much about the person who the buyer would be doing business with.
                      All of those things remain true.
                      You come on here saying someone lied, and you can prove it because they sent PM's, and then you placed blame on cyberspace spam.
                      What exactly is that, except a terse reply?
                      How do we, the average car enthusiast, know any of this to be true?
                      We don't, and even after your reply, the trust factor remains the same.
                      The quality of the service, along with the protection for the consumer (insurance, and legality issues) need to be addressed before anyone should consider using it.
                      That goes for every transaction anywhere, not just the service you offer.
                      Trust is earned, and so is respect. It can't be demanded.
                      If you really want to impress the forum members here, answer the insurance and DOT regulation questions, and offer a Studebaker discount, then move a few dozen cars around and ask for written testamonials....and plaster this forum with a list of good deeds done.
                      Then you will have a line awaiting your services.

Originally posted by Trulyvintage View Post
                      Recycled Cyberspace Spam ....
                      Instead of posting links to recycled cyperspace spam reflecting opinion .....
                      Facts - not opinions ....
                      The statements she has made here & on the HAMB have been shown
                      to be untrue by her own PM correspondence
                      Her own written words prove that without a doubt
                      Address that fact
                      Jim
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

If you all keep to the subject as presented without personal attacks I'll let it stay open for a while. I have not used a transport service yet but I have learned some good info so far.

Comment

I might be able to help out

I travel to all 48 states with an open trailer

36 feet of space to safely haul your Studebaker

Jim
                          (260) 804-6695
                          Hi Jim
                          On another subject, How recent is the picture of the Sky Hawk on you trailer in this post?
                          Brian
                          Brian Woods
                          woodysrods@shaw.ca
                          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Here's my two cents on the issue. Most of you know I use Peg trucking, and recommend her. I found Peg by a recommendation a few years back on the Studebaker news group and have used her for well over 50 hauls. Has the service been without a issue or two for all those hauls nope, has Peg made it right, you bet. That's the advantage of using a trusted broker, be it Peg, or another. If you have a gripe with Bubba, the trucker, you need to have backup from a broker. I always say give Peg a shot, if you get a better price, give her a chance to match it,and let explain what she knows about the guy with a lower bid. Sometimes you'll save a few bucks, and get good service elsewhere, and if you do, share it with us. Never, ever, deal with someone that does not have all their insurance and licenses, no matter the savings.

The few times I've had to call Peg and complain, she's not only fixed it, she red listed that company or driver. i.e. the driver that called me at 2 AM wanting to drop off my new Studebaker, or the one that forgot to mention he rolled off the trailer with a open door. That was a ebay sale and the new owner complained about the dent I didn't mention. Peg raised holy hell with the company and the new owner got a fat check that more than covered the damage. Without a broker, I would have paid over 2K out of pocket because Bubba "forgot".
                            Call around, get the best deal you can and ask Peg about your choices, she'll tell you if she can't match a deal from another good broker, or she'll tell you some of the horror stories I personally know about. The one to watch out for are the guys that ask for a non refundable deposit on a low ball bid that they later won't honor, yet keep your 25% since it's "in the contract"
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

Jim
                              Ahhhh.........hate to tell you Jim, but you started this thread!!
                              Paul
                              Winston-Salem, NC
                              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Just educate yourself. Ask questions and if you do not get clear answers..........RUN!
                                We have all had our nightmares. The objective is to make it all go smoothly.

Have to admit this forum is family. Thank you to the KS member who helped out this past weekend.

Have a great week!

Peg

Comment

Working...
                                X