Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you need transport for your Studebaker or hauling done .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you need transport for your Studebaker or hauling done .....

I might be able to help out

I travel to all 48 states with an open trailer

36 feet of space to safely haul your Studebaker

Jim
    (260) 804-6695
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Trulyvintage; 11-10-2010, 12:54 PM.

Just about to put mine away for the winter, but would like to get it to South Bend next May. I know, I know, I should drive it there. The car would make it, but my feet won't. Short of buying a straight job with a deck, about how much would it cost from Toronto to South Bend and back? Or even Detroit to South Bend?
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Thanks for offering. That looks like a nice 1956 Sky Hawk on your trailer. That is one of my favorites. How do you have the Hawk fastened to the trailer? I do not see any wheel/tire straps.

We have a transport company that many of us on the Forum now us. Her business does broker transports and it appears that you do all of your own work - correct?
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
        Just about to put mine away for the winter, but would like to get it to South Bend next May. I know, I know, I should drive it there. The car would make it, but my feet won't. Short of buying a straight job with a deck, about how much would it cost from Toronto to South Bend and back? Or even Detroit to South Bend?
        Thanks for the reply,

I don't go into Canada
        It is too much of a hassle getting back into the states
        By 'South Bend' do you mean South Bend, IN ?
        I can't really guess what #2 diesel prices will be in May of 2011
        That is too far off to give you a price on

When it is about 4 to 6 weeks away from when you need hauling,
        you can call me or send me a PM or email for a quote

Thanks,

Jim
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Trulyvintage; 11-10-2010, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          Thanks for offering. That looks like a nice 1956 Sky Hawk on your trailer. That is one of my favorites. How do you have the Hawk fastened to the trailer? I do not see any wheel/tire straps.

We have a transport company that many of us on the Forum now us. Her business does broker transports and it appears that you do all of your own work - correct?
          Hi Gary,

Yes it is just me ...

I use axle straps & soft ties to the axle or frame
          No chain binders - I don't use wheel straps
          Wheels are for turning - not for securing a car for hauling

Sometimes someone else rides along for the trip
          I like traveling, I take my time and only do daylight traveling at 55 m.p.h.
          I haul classic cars & antique tractors mostly
          Almost all the guys are collectors

Jim
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Trulyvintage; 11-10-2010, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Hi Jim, I have concerns for an open car haul during those night stops. Any precautions taken. We talked earlier today over on the AACA site. Thanks Mike
            Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
            Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Originally posted by Silverplate View Post
              Hi Jim, I have concerns for an open car haul during those night stops. Any precautions taken. We talked earlier today over on the AACA site. Thanks Mike
              Mike,

Did you have the car in Dayton?

I stay with my load at all times, regardless of what I am hauling
              I have never had damage take place to a vehicle I transported
              I am not in a hurry ....

Jim
              Attached Files

Comment

Jim...thanks for all responses and yes that was me.
                Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

November 14th

36 feet of vehicle transport space with 10,000 pound capacity available from
                  Wichita, KS to Cincinnati - Dayton - Cleveland, OH

One of the very few times I have hauling
                  room out of Kansas

Jim
                  (260) 804-6695

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jim,
                    I might need your services. Just a few questions first. Do you have the proper insurance and authority to haul these classic cars? Do you use a detailed bill of lading? Is all this information available on request? i have had problems in the past and I am just curious.

Peg

Comment

Originally posted by pegaleg View Post
                      Hi Jim,
                      I might need your services. Just a few questions first. Do you have the proper insurance and authority to haul these classic cars? Do you use a detailed bill of lading? Is all this information available on request? i have had problems in the past and I am just curious.

Peg
                      Peg,

Thanks for the post.
                      Sorry but I do not transport for brokers.

Jim

Comment

Ironically, he used the photograph of 'my' car in his attempt to gather more business on the forum, while jerking us around.

Is there anybody in SE Kansas or the Joplin MO area or nearby that can help, or be available to store the car in their yard until we can get down to claim it, if it can be found? I don't trust anybody or place that is connected this Jim Jarzabek / Truly Vintage Transport, after his lack of communication, and bordering on behavior that is punishable by law.

I am not going to further violate this forums policies, but will include a link we wrote on another forum about this individual's behavior.

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530614

Heather M. Ratti-Fedor
                        Last edited by 4jc8z; 11-12-2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trulyvintage View Post
                          Peg,

Thanks for the post.
                          Sorry but I do not transport for brokers.

Jim

No but you do leave messes behind and some of us get to clean up your messes!

How about that members 56 Sky Hawk you just left sitting in McCane KS? You may not transport for brokers but you do need to have authority and proper insurance to haul these classic cars. What MC# or DOT# are you legally running under? Do you care to explain to these board members why you picked that poor mans car up in CA going to MI and left it sitting in the middle of Kansas?? Care to tell us exactly where this members car is still sitting? I am sure all of us would like to hear the answer to this one. People like you give us carriers and brokers a BAD name and that just makes my blood boil!!!!!!!

Peg

I am sorry if this offends any member on this board.
                          Last edited by pegaleg; 11-13-2010, 01:32 AM.

Comment

No problem Peg, always glad to hear from our main, proven, trusted hauler! Jim has the right to respond and explain his side here and clear his name.
                            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                            Romans 15:13
                            Deuteronomy 31:6
                            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by pegaleg View Post
                              No but you do leave messes behind and some of us get to clean up your messes!

How about that members 56 Sky Hawk you just left sitting in McCane KS? You may not transport for brokers but you do need to have authority and proper insurance to haul these classic cars. What MC# or DOT# are you legally running under? Do you care to explain to these board members why you picked that poor mans car up in CA going to MI and left it sitting in the middle of Kansas?? Care to tell us exactly where this members car is still sitting? I am sure all of us would like to hear the answer to this one. People like you give us carriers and brokers a BAD name and that just makes my blood boil!!!!!!!

Peg

I am sorry if this offends any member on this board.
                              Peg,

Let me be direct ....
                              Your business is threatened by anyone else who would cut in on your
                              hauling from this Board.
                              Your history here shows clear failure to communicate with members
                              in the past regarding transport.
                              That is a FACT.

I have no need for a Broker Peg,

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X