• Show
Clear All

• OUTSTANDING, glad to hear it!
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

• Picking up the donor 259 block and parts tomorrow night and hopefully the engine stand as well. The block is bored 0.030 over and comes with pistons and rods. A few other pieces as well. Once that is home, I will catalog and start working on the Stude.

Hoping to have the truck home early next week and can start working on that as well. Fuel gauge isn't working, so that will be the first thing to tackle. I will be going through the brake system as well. The factory trailer brake system will be removed. Then eventually it will be on to the emissions junk. It's first job is a load to the dump...
      Last edited by cultural infidel; 09-29-2020, 09:15 AM.
      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

• engine parts gone
        Last edited by cultural infidel; 09-29-2020, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Added a non-stude to the garage.
          Attached Files

Comment

• My dad had a pickup like that. It could pull a load uphill as well as on the level, but it really liked gas. I pulled Studebakers on trailers several times with it. I occasionally see it around town, but it is a far cry from how nice it was when dad owned it.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

• Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
              My dad had a pickup like that. It could pull a load uphill as well as on the level, but it really liked gas. I pulled Studebakers on trailers several times with it. I occasionally see it around town, but it is a far cry from how nice it was when dad owned it.
              I wouldnt doubt the towing capabilities of this thing at all. The 460 is a workhorse for sure. My kids are really into the truck. Both will get worked on over time. This has definitely motivated us all into working on the Wagon (as well as the truck). The kids now ask to work on them instead of playing outside! That is a good feeling. I am going to have to invest in a wood stove for the garage this winter to make working out there a bit more comfortable haha.

Comment

• The truck was sold in 2019. Almost sold the wagon. But I still have it. Got rid of the spare engine and parts while trying to clean my garage out. Covid hit and work has been slammed. Kids doing school from home. Wife is a teacher, so she is also working from home. Priorities have shifted. I still want to get this car going. Still want to swap in a running 259, mine is seized(289 is a dream) with an AT. Someday this car will hit the streets again.

Comment

• was your uncle's name Ron W. ??
                  in the 60's the Ron I knew owned a Texaco station in Port Angeles. I worked for him
                  His claim to fame was a bunch of kids and a green lark wagon v8. nice car . he hired the girl that became my wife 58 years ago. I still remember the wagon he had, I borrowed it often and my daughter was conceived in it!!

Comment

• That’s what station wagons are good for!

Comment

• Originally posted by gaston View Post
                      was your uncle's name Ron W. ??
                      in the 60's the Ron I knew owned a Texaco station in Port Angeles. I worked for him
                      His claim to fame was a bunch of kids and a green lark wagon v8. nice car . he hired the girl that became my wife 58 years ago. I still remember the wagon he had, I borrowed it often and my daughter was conceived in it!!
                      Nope! But that is a pretty good story! Original owner was the son of one of the Fredericks & Nelsons guys. I cant recall which it was.

Comment

Working...
                      X