Been a while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a while...

But we are moving my Uncles 60 Lark VIII Regal wagon to my house this weekend or next.... hopefully.... soon to be mine! Last tagged and moved = 1976!

Last edited by cultural infidel; 07-09-2012, 03:10 PM. Reason: title change
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Looks really nice. Wish I had an uncle that would let me have a STUDE. Please more pictures
    when you get it out and cleaned up. Keep us posted.

Comment

Ya something tells me this is a nice solid origional car that will clean up pretty good! good luck and lots O fun with it.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

When you get it out, there is a lot of help nearby! Do you belong to the Central Wash. chapter? We have members from Wenatchee to the Tri-Cities.
        Bruce Newell 509-307-6711

Comment

That's gonna be cool! Some Never-Dull and a little Lark shine and she'll be sitting pretty!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
            Looks really nice. Wish I had an uncle that would let me have a STUDE. Please more pictures
            when you get it out and cleaned up. Keep us posted.
            Will do. I am trying to make him realize how much I want this car. I think the more effort I put into the more apt he will be in giving it to me.

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
            Ya something tells me this is a nice solid origional car that will clean up pretty good! good luck and lots O fun with it.
            very solid.... 24K original miles!

Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
            When you get it out, there is a lot of help nearby! Do you belong to the Central Wash. chapter? We have members from Wenatchee to the Tri-Cities.
            Bruce Newell 509-307-6711
            Wish I still lived in Central Washington, (heard they got snow today!). But, alas we have moved to Seattle to be closer to family. I guess I need to update my info.

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
            That's gonna be cool! Some Never-Dull and a little Lark shine and she'll be sitting pretty!
            I can not wait to shine her up and see this Lark back in daylight, and not the cave its been dwelling in since '76.

Comment

Here are a few more pics:

The column was a fix shortly before it went into storage and thus it never was repainted to match the car.

Supposedly the original stereo is in a box in the back of the car, along with the antenna.

Getting more and more excited by the day!

Comment

Wow that is going to be a fun Car for you. According to your first posts about it its been 2 years that you have been waiting. Sure hope your Uncle lets you have the car. You can fix it up and take him for rides.
                Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                The Prez 1955 President State
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                Fresno,Ca

Comment

Truth be told, I have been waiting to get this car since I was about 10. We used to place bets on my Playskool Basketball Hoop in my backyard. We would take long distance shots (30+ feet) and make small wagers. He bet me that if he made a shot he would get my most prized model; a 57 Chevy Gasser. He sunk the shot and my rebuttle was way off. So it was my turn to bet. I said, "If i make this shot, then I get the studebaker." I made it, nothing but net! His shot was way off. He contests it to this day! haha.

So I will continue on my path to get this car from him. I will work on it as much as I can to get it going. It is practically a life long dream!

Comment

Keep the forum posted, Infidel. It looks like a cute little car...and a V-8/stick to boot. I've been straining to see if there is an Overdrive handle; does it have overdrive?

Very cool; a neat adventure. Best wishes with it. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

One of your very first priorities is to check the brakes! Your wheel cylinders could look like this...Click image for larger version

Name:	lark wheel cyl.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1666138

and this one only sat for 16 years. Not stopping is worse than not running.

Good luck with the car.

Larks are like little wayward puppies...they will steal your heart!
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Brakes and Gas Tank are the first priorities I think. Well, those and cleaning out the back!

Comment

Nice car! Even though you are now in Seattle, there is tons of help around you, and a very active club chapter there. Sweet find, and wagons rule!
                          Dylan Wills
                          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
                            Nice car! Even though you are now in Seattle, there is tons of help around you, and a very active club chapter there. Sweet find, and wagons rule!
                            I was noticing your wagon in another post and was curious if you had a build thread anywhere? or more pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                              I was noticing your wagon in another post and was curious if you had a build thread anywhere? or more pictures?
                              There are a couple of threads on early Lark wagons including this one:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=oasis

And this one:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=shine

Craig
                              Last edited by 8E45E; 11-10-2010, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X