Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template

How would one abtain a template for the Avanti hub cap?..........In other words something to lay on the cap to cover the spokes and paint the other areas......I have seen this done for many yrs and the thought of masking all the areas on all four caps is not a fond thought.
    Any suggestions?

There is no masking template I'm aware of. 3M fine line tape (blue) and 3M masking tape (green).
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Try Studebaker International, I believe Ed has black inserts ready to peal and stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired View Post
        Try Studebaker International, I believe Ed has black inserts ready to peal and stick.
        That is not going to work for the area between the simulated "Mag spokes", they were Silver, and no Decals exist for them, only for the small Black ovals at the outer edge, and the center Circle.

The five or Six cars that exist with Black paint over the Silver, were hand masked and hand painted.
        New wheel Covers ARE available.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

IF I had a body shop paint them what would be a good modernpaint to utilize?
          Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          That is not going to work for the area between the simulated "Mag spokes", they were Silver, and no Decals exist for them, only for the small Black ovals at the outer edge, and the center Circle.

The five or Six cars that exist with Black paint over the Silver, were hand masked and hand painted.
          New wheel Covers ARE available.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix Benet View Post
            IF I had a body shop paint them what would be a good modern paint to utilize?
            They would know what to use, any Automotive Enamel will be fine. Most common probably is PPG Single Stage Acrylic Enamel in semi-gloss Black like the '70's Mopar or GM Hood trim paint.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Strip them first, use the 3M fine line tape, and use an Etch Primer first!! before applying paint. After the etch primer, let it flash for 5-10 minutes, then use any spray bomb of the color, use light coats! peel the tape off while still wet.

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
              X