For crying out loud...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For crying out loud...

Our last local SDC gathering is tomorrow at Ed Pamer's farm. I was hoping for perhaps a crisp, clear day with the convertible top reluctantly raised for the cold hour drive...but now this on November 6th!

It started dropping during our local high school football winning playoff game last night. To rub it into the Stude meet wound, the Village Road Department decided to throw salt down last night. Grrrrrr.

I've never had decent weather up here in the snow belt to be able to drive the Lark to the annual Pamer bash that's usually around Halloween. I tend to pick up too many parts I don't need when I take the Tahoe. Oh well, Happy Holidays!

On the bright side, your car looks great with a white background!
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
      On the bright side, your car looks great with a white background!
      That's a great picture, Dave! I plan on being there tomorrow. See you there.

Not-so-veiled-hint: Lary Sherer asked me if I could take some pictures and provide some commentary about the meet. YOU are the excellent picture-taker....whatddya say?
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

It's used to me teasing it in April when this happens here on the north coast, but my plan was to drive it to my storage garage for the winter, Sunday night. Looks like I'll need a few rains to wash off the local roads first, then a dry patch of weather for a few minutes. While it did snow on occasion in the San Gabriel mountains where I lived in Altadena, they wouldn't know salt from anything but on a Connel's grinder there! I do miss those comfortable winters without cabin fever.
        Last edited by barnlark; 11-06-2010, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Dave , what happened to those whitewall tires ?
          Although I do like the mags on it as well ......lookin' good , nice pic !That would look great on the Madd Doddlers calender next December
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
            That's a great picture, Dave! I plan on being there tomorrow. See you there.

Not-so-veiled-hint: Lary Sherer asked me if I could take some pictures and provide some commentary about the meet. YOU are the excellent picture-taker....whatddya say?
            Not sure about that, but...yes, I'll bring the D1X. How many shots of grumpy old men stuffing themselves with food do they want? <G>
            Oh yeah, the cars...

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
              Dave , what happened to those whitewall tires ?
              Although I do like the mags on it as well ......lookin' good , nice pic !That would look great on the Madd Doddlers calender next December
              I took them off to power wash the brake dust and road dirt off, scrub the white walls with Bleche-Wite, then store them inside my basement in plastic bags where all my Stude parts stay cozy. Those are serious maintenance to keep clean and white, Bob. I may just pull them out for the snooty shows like Glenmoor and Stan Hywet which prefer the stock look. I have better things for my time than scrubbing those every time I drive somewhere.

Comment

How many shots of grumpy old men stuffing themselves with food do they want? <G>

Just think...an endless supply of subject matter!
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

Dave , your just on the wrong side of the lake . We haven't had any snow here yet and this coming week is suppost to be very nice . May get a couple more runs with the Studes before they get put away .
                  I usually have them stored by now but have been busy with other things and haven't had a chance to get them prepped for winter....just as well may get that last drive in !
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                    Dave , your just on the wrong side of the lake . We haven't had any snow here yet and this coming week is suppost to be very nice.
                    No kidding, wrong side of Lake Erie, indeed. Go figure. Canada is dry and clear, my snow belt is, well... the snow belt. We'll compare notes in January...you're still closer to the Arctic Circle Chapter!

Comment

Well the weather has been fabulous here in the northwest. Sunny and T shirt weather all week. I was busy pouring floors in my new shop area. Trying to get ready for the winter that is just around the corner. Plates run out on my Stude PU tomorrow and it is raining here today. But our Street Rod Club is having our Fall garage tour tomorrow. So we have been busy cleaning up to show off this winters projects. They will be back in the Spring to see how much got accompished over the winter.
                      Good Roads
                      Brian
                      Brian Woods
                      woodysrods@shaw.ca
                      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                        Oh well, Happy Holidays!
                        And to you, too, my friend.

BTW: This picture looks to me just like a Christmas card (though I might have turned the headlights on, hint, hint, know what I mean?)...

Comment

I'm not usually a fan of Larks, but that is a really nice looking car, nice colours and nice wheels too. What years is it?

Comment

Shoot Friday it was 90 degrees in Fresno boy was it hot.
                            Mabel 1949 Champion
                            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                            Gus 1958 Transtar
                            The Prez 1955 President State
                            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                            Fresno,Ca

Comment

I, also, am on the other side of Lake Erie in Buffalo. Your picture reminds me of what is to come. Maybe I will be able to get to the "put off" projects but the garage gets pretty cold. Hey Santa, are you listening - a GARAGE HEATER!!!
                              Peter Bishop

Comment

Working...
                              X