Kudos to the SDC and Forums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to the SDC and Forums.

I have lurked for some time, posted a few times wanting a 1963 Avanti and finally joined the SDC after decades of Corvair ownership. I must comment on the warmth and civility in this forum as I have been welcomed and feel a part of this community in a short time. Additionally, I have received helpful advice and offers to assist in buying my dream car (any profits notwithstanding ) None of the bickering that seems to infect many other national marque forums seems to inhabit this site- truly a revelation.

In less than two weeks from signing up online, I await only my first Turning Wheels as welcome letters and the roster have already arrived. Fortunately, I volunteer at the Gilmore Car Museum Library near Kalamazoo so I have been able to keep up with Turning Wheels because the museum has a subscription, but still look forward to my own copy of this professionally done booklet.

I snuck into the May meet in South Bend where friendly and well organized folks were everywhere - I look forward to meeting more members in the future

Finally, I must comment on the structure of the SDC forums which are easy to navigate and use and very intuitive (even for me). So, thanks to the many folks who do such a good job of promoting the Studebaker marque and for the work they are doing so well...Bob

Well Bob, Thanks for the kind words, but what would you expect of a forum heavily populated by Bobs.

It can get a little messy on occasion but I agree with your assessment.

Again welcome from a fellow Michigan Bob.
    , ,

Comment

Welcome indeed, Bob. Did you ever find an Avanti? Still looking?

If you wait long enough around here, someone that is not named Bob will greet you...but in the meantime....welcome aboard! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

You're still waiting for a non-Bob Welcome from this one too!

As it happens I've got a 62 Corvair 900 Monza, 4 door, white with very nice red interior. Very solid too. Bought from a long-retired Chevy dealer. I had it running but not well, next step is to clean the fuel tank. Currently residing safely in one of my buildings until I can get to it, or somebody buys it. Having too much fun driving the Avanti when weather permits right now
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Welcome Bob. You'll like it here! FRANK
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

You could be a Bob also if you wanted to Frank, welcome aboard Bob ....Bob
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Welcome Bob from a John ....

We are a pretty civil bunch that geniuely care for each other .... but on occasions have been known to get cranky
              sigpic
              John
              63R-2386
              Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Thanks, BobPalma - Still looking for the Avanti, but the longer I hang around here the more offers come in - this is a great resource

Comment

Another welcome, Bob. From another Bob.

Don't know why Frank and John butted in on an obvious Bob Thread. Oh, well................................

Comment

Welcome abord the Good Ship StudeBOBer,

My best friends always call me Jim-Bob for no reason except they like the name and think I should have had a "Bob" in there somewhere. (bad, bad parents! LOL!)

Oh, a reformed Corvairian!! I had 5 Corvairs (or was had by 5) and now...I have 5 Studebakers.

Comment

Welcome Bob Hawley!
                      I still carry a grudge about Corvairs.
                      Back in the late sixties and early 70's, during my fledgling drag race career, I used to get thumped every Sunday in Q/SA at Oswego Drag Raceway, or Byron, or Broadway Bob's Union Grove..
                      (Used to tell them it's a 259, instead of a B/SA 289, so you don't have to race all the Mustangs and Camaro's)
                      Thumped by a Corvair Monza Spyder...with a turbo gizmo's out back.
                      I would pull him for about 1310 feet, and get blown away at the finish line.
                      Used to make me mad then, but they are great memories now
                      Welcome to our niche world!
                      Jeff
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by AnAvanti4Bob View Post
                        ... I must comment on the warmth and civility in this forum ...
                        I particularly agree with your gracious compliment to our Forum Bob .... and that's why DEEPNHOCK (aka Jeff) is perfectly OK with me calling his 37 Coupe Express a yellow POS !!!
                        sigpic
                        John
                        63R-2386

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                          Another welcome, Bob. From another Bob.

Don't know why Frank and John butted in on an obvious Bob Thread. Oh, well................................
                          Bob .... I guess you could say that Frank and I were just passing by and decided to Bob on in ...
                          sigpic
                          John
                          63R-2386

Comment

Civility crap! We just tell it like it is. Those other forums tell it like they want it to be.
                            We Bradbobs are unanimous in that opinion.
                            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

You guys crack me up. Please keep me in mind for any decent 1963 Avantis that crop up. The SDC endorsement is valued! Never heard the term "Corvairian" like it a lot...Bob (one of many)

Comment

Working...
                              X