Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few from back when it was still warm out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few from back when it was still warm out...

Finally got these onto P'bucket. From Bothwell show near London ON August 7, sponsored by Old Autos newsmagazine...among the many, many old rides that turned out were nine Studebakers. Newer to older in sections...

63 Avanti

and another

62 GT

My cherished 62 Lark

Drove the Lark both yesterday and today BTW; though it's chilly, it's been lovely weather otherwise...

More to come.

More Bothwell...53 Starlight rod

...and another of those...this is not the same car

Trucks were a theme at the show, but only one Stude truck turned up--this rat rod 2R on a trailer.

2R interior

2R engine

2R swing-out tailgate

More shortly.

Comment

40 Champion rod (Hamilton Chapter car from Cambridge area)

New to me, 37 coach street rod

Interior of the 37

Much else was present, both Brand X and other indies including two Kaisers and a '55 Willys Bermuda, plus plenty of fine old trucks, from 30s pickup roadsters through vintage bigrigs. I had not been to this show before but I'll certainly be there again if I can...

Stay warm all...

S.

Comment

LH gas pedal????

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
          LH gas pedal????

...and hand-control clutch, or possibly vice-versa.

Looks like my kinda guy: doesn't let ANYTHING slow him down. MAJOR kudos.
          Last edited by JGK 940; 11-04-2010, 12:07 AM. Reason: spleling

Comment

Agreed! Hammer down dude!

Originally posted by JGK 940 View Post
            ...and hand-control clutch, or possibly vice-versa.
            Looks like my kinda guy: doesn't let ANYTHING slow him down. MAJOR kudos.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Steve, the second 53 Starlight belongs to Basil and Marg Derrough from St. Thomas. I met Basil in Orillia in August. He was in their classic show and I had just taken my 55 to Orillia to visit mother. When they saw the 55 they moved the barriers and welcomed me to the show (unregistered and unprepared). I had just had the 55 "oiled" and it was covered in dust. Even so, people could see beneath the dust and crud and admired the car. "There's a survivor" was a common comment, even though it had just finished a nut and bolt restore. Only one other Stude at the show, a 59 Silver Hawk that was much more "original" than mine. The 53 in your picture is rodded, but very well done. Good people!
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
              X