Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS headliner '63 4-door/Cruiser-shameless ebay plug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Only one day to go. Currently only half the price of a generic wannabe. Surely there are more than two people who need this.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I am sure it would help the sale if you had explained the shreds of material sticking out of the tube that appears to be damage, I doubt that it is, but it sure looks like it!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I agree with Rich, Brad. I didn't know it was yours when I came across it but skipped right by because between the broken tube and frayed material it just looked like some damaged item and I continued right past. That is one bad picture

At this point I'd recommend adding to your listing, in large, bold type, something to the effect of: JUST TO CLARIFY, THE HEADLINER IS BRAND NEW AND IS NOT DAMAGED. THE PICTURE JUST MAKES IT APPEAR AS SUCH.

That is cheap enough. If I needed it I'd be all over it like a duck on a June bug!
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          I agree with Rich, Brad. I didn't know it was yours when I came across it but skipped right by because between the broken tube and frayed material it just looked like some damaged item and I continued right past. That is one bad picture

At this point I'd recommend adding to your listing, in large, bold type, something to the effect of: JUST TO CLARIFY, THE HEADLINER IS BRAND NEW AND IS NOT DAMAGED. THE PICTURE JUST MAKES IT APPEAR AS SUCH.

That is cheap enough. If I needed it I'd be all over it like a duck on a June bug!
          i know that I am the new guy around here, but I thought it was Damaged as well. If I was looking for this item, I would be turned away due to the pictures.
          1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Still, my new headliners are $160, so it might be worth a try. I would not chance 50 year old vinyl, but cloth may survive better.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Well, I had to open the tube to get any picture at all. There is a spot of the face side visible. The tatter appearance is typical of the backside of any new headliner. I thought the description NOS, never removed from factory storage tube should suffice. Whatever. There are two folks who would like to have it. It should serve one of them well.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10,
              '51 Commander Starlight,
              '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

advise (tho it does appear someone will get it): open the tube up and display what someone's getting.....I honestly thought you were trying to sell the tube too.....I have 2 63' Cruisers. Both need headliners....Don't need a tube...I have opened up NOS soft trim in original packing to find very disturbing stuff inside. For example: 1) NOS Champ truck floor mat=opened up into 50 pieces. 2) NOS rubber floor mats=complete color change and fading to near brittle and rough edges. 3) However....NOS seat covers for 64' ragtop=absolutely beautiful. 4) Several NOS boxes of NOS seat covers=absolute shrunk junk.....5) NOS clutch release bearing=used....!
                Last edited by jackb; 11-12-2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Whoda thunk!
                  Winning bidder lives in the same small town as my sister and neice! Was just there for a wedding one month ago.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10,
                  '51 Commander Starlight,
                  '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
                  X