Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Empty flatbed trailer heading from Atlanta, Ga to Los Angeles, CA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty flatbed trailer heading from Atlanta, Ga to Los Angeles, CA...

Hey guys,

Well once again I'm making a pretty serious cross country roadtrip to pick up a vehicle in California. I'll be leaving with an empty flatbed trailer around Nov 17th and will be in L.A. by the 20th. My schedule is pretty flexible, I just need to be at Disneyland on Tuesday the 23rd for a little family reunion.

My overall plan is to travel from Atlanta to Birmingham via I-20 then to Memphis via 78, then I'll get on I-40 and cruise all the way to Barstow, Ca and ultimately to I-15 to the LA area. I'd be happy to pickup a car or parts off my route a bit and I'd even consider a trip further south taking I-20 to Dallas, TX and into Houston to catch I-10 through Phoenix and into LA.

For whatever it's worth, I have transported vehicles all over the US and I transport professionally for several GM dealers here in the southeast. I've moved everything from 1920's hot rods to brand-new $83K Grand Sport Corvettes. In the Studebaker world, I transported a 37 Dictator from Atlanta to the Glendale meet in June for Tony Moisley (Chantony) I'm sure he'd put in a good word for me

Anyhow, I'm making the trip regardless so I'm just hoping to offset my fuel cost a bit. I'll certainly be cheaper and faster than any commercial shipper, and I'll be door-to-door service, no changing trucks 3 times BS. My max weight is 5000 lbs which should cover most Studes. Oh, I'm fully insured for transport up to $30k too.

Let me know if you have a car or parts that need to move west. I'd even be willing to pickup the vehicle someplace in the southeast beforehand if the deal is right...

Thanks!
    Last edited by vintageblueoval; 11-01-2010, 04:33 PM.
    T.J. Fletcher
    North Atlanta, Ga
    1958 Champion 2-door sedan

I know of a gorgeous '51 business coupe and an equally nice '82 Avanti in Atlanta that both need new homes...

Comment

Sonny might want his engine dragged back to Atlanta.....
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Bump bump...
        T.J. Fletcher
        North Atlanta, Ga

Comment

I have a 1963 GT Hawk rolling chassis for Sale. Not a R1 chassis. This is a good time for someone to purchase it and have it taken back to Atlanta. I am located near Sacramento, Ca. I can take to Los Angeles for pick up. Rust free california rollng chassis.

Comment

He's coming out here empty he has something he is picking up in LA area. At least thats the way I read it.
            Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca

Comment

Pardon the bump...
              T.J. Fletcher
              North Atlanta, Ga

Comment

The way I read this, He can carry more than one car.

Comment

I see that you are in North Atlanta. Too bad that I wasn't aware of your service when I hired a commercial transport from Gainesville, Georgia to Wappinger, NY. That Gainesville must be in your "back yard" relatively speaking. I had a hard time because all of the transporters thought of Florida when they saw Gainesville. The car got delivered by a transporter from Florida.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

One last call...
                    T.J. Fletcher
                    North Atlanta, Ga

Comment

Working...
                    X