Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angels Accident

I am major bummed out...
    What was a spectacular day turned to tragedy...
    Was invited to Beaufort Marine Air Station for the Blue Angels Air show for an invitation only car show addition to the festivities.
    Everything was great.. Superb...Excellent..
    Until the end.
    Lost a Blue Angels plane and pilot.
    Happened on formup after a dual solo.
    Kind of sort of saw it, but it was pretty far off the base.
    Don't know the details, other than the pilot was killed and some houses were hit with debris.
    Took a bunch of pic's of the show, but they will have to get sorted later..
    Here's a pic from this morning...
    Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

such a shame to lose the cream of the crop like that.

steve blake
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt
    http://tinyurl.com/l7oqh
    steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

such a shame to lose the cream of the crop like that.

steve blake
      http://tinyurl.com/l7oqh
      steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

It is truely a tragedy to lose that incredibly talented young man, least of all the incredibly expensive plane. I'm kinda concerned about the civillians and thier homes though. The plane went down in a residential area. A plumber got his van doused in burning jet fuel and barely escaped the inferno himself. I hope no one on The ground was killed or hurt.

By the by, really nice pic of the CE.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

It is truely a tragedy to lose that incredibly talented young man, least of all the incredibly expensive plane. I'm kinda concerned about the civillians and thier homes though. The plane went down in a residential area. A plumber got his van doused in burning jet fuel and barely escaped the inferno himself. I hope no one on The ground was killed or hurt.

By the by, really nice pic of the CE.

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

It is alway sad when we lose a pilot from one of the precision flying teams. On a related note, I was at a track meet at the University of Virginia in 1974 and the Golden Knights were doing an exhibition for the local Dogwood Festival. One jumper was unable to activate either chute and free fell back to Earth. Amazingly, he survived, after going through tree canopies and landing in the yard of someone I had gone to elementary school with. He broke most of the bones in his body, spent over a year in rehab but went on to run the Boston Marathon. I believe that Reader's Digest later did a story on him.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

It is alway sad when we lose a pilot from one of the precision flying teams. On a related note, I was at a track meet at the University of Virginia in 1974 and the Golden Knights were doing an exhibition for the local Dogwood Festival. One jumper was unable to activate either chute and free fell back to Earth. Amazingly, he survived, after going through tree canopies and landing in the yard of someone I had gone to elementary school with. He broke most of the bones in his body, spent over a year in rehab but went on to run the Boston Marathon. I believe that Reader's Digest later did a story on him.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Where was the photographer in that shot? I do not see any reflection in the bumper?

How did you rate?

Comment

Where was the photographer in that shot? I do not see any reflection in the bumper?

How did you rate?

Comment

Most definatly a sad time when something like that happens, for all involved.

Nice shot....but what's that little "flamey" thing behind the left headlight?

I've got a simillar shot of a Rambler American 2dr wagon I had just bought in a 3/4 view of an SR71 just behind it. Along with a friends 55 Ford 2dr wagon.

Cool pictures to hang onto.

Mike

Comment

I've got a simillar shot of a Rambler American 2dr wagon I had just bought in a 3/4 view of an SR71 just behind it. Along with a friends 55 Ford 2dr wagon.

Mike

Comment

Beats me..
                        I was holding the camera over my head...
                        (Don't usually go to shows with a ladder)
                        I should 'straighten' the pic because it is crooked,
                        but I'll just say it was an 'artistic' angle[].
                        The sun was all wrong for pic's, but that wasn't up to me..
                        Here's a pic of some of the crew....
                        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

How did you rate?

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Beats me..
                          I was holding the camera over my head...
                          (Don't usually go to shows with a ladder)
                          I should 'straighten' the pic because it is crooked,
                          but I'll just say it was an 'artistic' angle[].
                          The sun was all wrong for pic's, but that wasn't up to me..
                          Here's a pic of some of the crew....
                          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

How did you rate?

Jeff

Comment

I have two pair of hood side panels. The stock ones are blank,
                            and the modified ones are have a stylized cutout with a Red Ball cloisonne~.
                            They are edged with polished stainless.
                            I was in a truck chrome shop one day and saw a stainless flamed emblem deal for a Peterbilt hood logo.
                            Cut it in half and 'voila', had a matching pair of little flames.
                            A little bit of cheesy glitter, but it works ok.
                            They are held on with the same mount studs, so they come off.
                            Took them off once, but got more questions about where they went, so they went back on.
                            The only reason for the cutouts was for lighting at night shows.
                            I have several LED lights (amber, of course) under the hood and air cleaner to make everthing shine at night.
                            (Calvin calls them my 'Boom-Shaka-Laka' lights)...
                            If you're gonna be cheesy, make it a good brand of stinky cheese.
                            (Special thanks to Pat Skelly, Rick Courtier, and Matthew Burnette for the cheese..[}])
                            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten

Mike

Jeff

Comment

I have two pair of hood side panels. The stock ones are blank,
                              and the modified ones are have a stylized cutout with a Red Ball cloisonne~.
                              They are edged with polished stainless.
                              I was in a truck chrome shop one day and saw a stainless flamed emblem deal for a Peterbilt hood logo.
                              Cut it in half and 'voila', had a matching pair of little flames.
                              A little bit of cheesy glitter, but it works ok.
                              They are held on with the same mount studs, so they come off.
                              Took them off once, but got more questions about where they went, so they went back on.
                              The only reason for the cutouts was for lighting at night shows.
                              I have several LED lights (amber, of course) under the hood and air cleaner to make everthing shine at night.
                              (Calvin calls them my 'Boom-Shaka-Laka' lights)...
                              If you're gonna be cheesy, make it a good brand of stinky cheese.
                              (Special thanks to Pat Skelly, Rick Courtier, and Matthew Burnette for the cheese..[}])
                              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten

Mike

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X