This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Fichthorn?????

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows the whereabouts of Ray Fichthorn? He is restoring my 58 Silver Hawk that my father was the original owner of as kind of a tribute to him. I have been trying to reach him via e-mail, personel cell phone as well as his house phone and never get a reply. Did something happen?
    Thanks for the help,
    Tim Thomson

I have also wondered about Ray. He is a great guy and has always been very gracious with sharing his knowledge. He may have succumbed to the current economy. If it is practical for you, you may have to physically go to his place and ask about him. Please keep us posted here on the forum.

Comment

Unfortunately I live in California so a quick trip is not possible. I had heard how good Ray was and because of the sentimental value in restoring my fathers car I wanted to make sure it was done correctly. He was referred by several and in talking to him he truly knows his Studebakers. Hopefully nothing is wrong.

Thanks and I will keep you posted,

Tim

Comment

Maybe you could find someone in the North Carolina area from the forum that would be able to check up on him?

Comment

Tim, I sent a email to Ray's Brother-in-law in hopes we can find out about Ray? I met him on a few occasions and he's a good SDC member and car knowhow!!!
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Thanks for the help, I will keep you all updated as to the outcome,

Tim

Comment

Did you try calling?

Comment

Hello,

I have tried e-mail, phone calls both personal cell and house phone. I have left messages asking him to return my phone call and nothing. Lately his house phone just rings and does not even go to an answering machine. I have even tried calling as late as 9:30 PM and no one ever answers. I don’t know if something happened to him or if he is avoiding me. Has anyone else heard from him?

Thanks again,

Tim

Comment

Tim,
                  Sorry to hear of the problems, you may remember me? My wife and I were at the same table with you at the spagetti dinner in Glendale. You spoke of your car then and I got the feeling you were having bad feelings. Actually Ray's name came up when I recommended him to the other couple from Minnesota that were looking to have a hawk or avanti restored I can't remember which. Anyway I hope things turn out ok on this subject. I 've spoken to Ray on the phone a couple of times in the distance past and always got a real good feeling about his honesty and ability.
                  Russ
                  Originally posted by scarecrowtim View Post
                  Hello,

I have tried e-mail, phone calls both personal cell and house phone. I have left messages asking him to return my phone call and nothing. Lately his house phone just rings and does not even go to an answering machine. I have even tried calling as late as 9:30 PM and no one ever answers. I don’t know if something happened to him or if he is avoiding me. Has anyone else heard from him?

Thanks again,

Tim

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
                  53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
                  57 SH (project)
                  60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

I don't know Ray personally, but I have seen a pattern previously where he drops off the radar and then returns a couple weeks later. I'm sure he's not trying to shaft you - he seems far to honorable for that. Be patient - you'll get hold of him sooner or later, I'm sure of it.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Hello All,

Thanks for the help and I hope that I hear from Ray soon. Ray is truly gifted when it comes to Studebakers, especially Hawks. I was there when we were taking my car apart and he knew every bolt and could tell me exactly how many bolts held any given accessory on the car and where they were located. I was truly amazed as to his knowledge. I think that he may have gotten in over his head as he has three Studebakers that he is presently restoring plus his side jobs. He had a partner who was helping him and I think that went bad so he shut down one of his shops several months ago. I was there at the end of September and he was saying that he was getting burned out and may take a break from Studebakers once he clears out his current projects. Anyway, I will keep everyone posted and maybe Ray has just been too busy finishing my car to reply to my phone calls and e-mails.

Thanks again for all the help and I agree with everyone that Ray is an honorable person who would not rip anyone off but he may have bitten off more than he could chew.

Tim

Comment

This time of year (close to Elections) we find ourselves not answering or phones, either. Too many surveys! Maybe that's it.
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Hello All,

I tried calling Ray on his house phone again and it just rings until it drops the call. I then called Ray on his personnel cell phone and left yet another message for him to call me and also sent him an e-mail requesting the same thing. I have been playing this game for almost 4-weeks now and have yet to hear from him. Has anyone heard from him? I have heard about his quality of work and integrity but am starting to seriously wonder.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Tim

Comment

I know that Ray's brother had some serious health issues a couple of years ago. He may be in Ohio (I think it's Ohio). I know he dissappeared a couple of years ago for this reason.
                            Jamie McLeod
                            Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                            1958 Commander "Christine"
                            1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                            1955 Commander Sedan
                            1964 Champ
                            1960 Lark

Comment

Originally posted by scarecrowtim View Post
                              Hello All,

I tried calling Ray on his house phone again and it just rings until it drops the call. I then called Ray on his personnel cell phone and left yet another message for him to call me and also sent him an e-mail requesting the same thing. I have been playing this game for almost 4-weeks now and have yet to hear from him. Has anyone heard from him? I have heard about his quality of work and integrity but am starting to seriously wonder.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Tim
                              I just talked to his relatives here in CT. They talked to him a couple of days ago, so I can't shed any light on why he isn't answering you.
                              Chip
                              '63 Cruiser
                              '57 Packard wagon
                              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X