This is one spendy 1950 truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is one spendy 1950 truck!

I don't know the seller, but this looks interesting for some pocket change. I am thinking this may not sell in this current financial market.

starts at $60K, reserve not met. Yikes!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SS%3AUS%3A1123

No way would I pay $60,000 for a pickup without a bench seat and a trailer hitch!
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
      No way would I pay $60,000 for a pickup without a bench seat and a trailer hitch!
      Oh, I thought we could go halvsies!?

Comment

One positive thing about eBay...it is a lot like fishing...the bigger the lake, the more likely you are to catch a dumb fish.

The seller will probably get lots of offers from the rich Nigerian upper class.

The smart ones know better.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

His wife told him to sell it

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Doesn't even have splash guards on the rear fenders! Geesh.

Oh! Wait.... It's a left coast truck. They don't need splash guards.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Ahhh Yes!!

Would I spend $60 large on this truck, Would if I could afford it.

Just think 486 HP fed to a suspension system that can handle it with the traditional look of a really neat Studebaker body style. On the road, this beast will leave the pretenders in it's wake while promoting the image of a lost Marque.

While it may "wad the shorts" of traditional Stude owners, it's about as great a ride as this 67 year old Stude enthusiast could imagine.

It just looks and sits "RIGHT" I'd park it next to the "Silver Bullet" any day and take it to any auto show or cruise with pride.

Bob
              , ,

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                Ahhh Yes!!

Would I spend $60 large on this truck, Would if I could afford it.

Just think 486 HP fed to a suspension system that can handle it with the traditional look of a really neat Studebaker body style. On the road, this beast will leave the pretenders in it's wake while promoting the image of a lost Marque.

While it may "wad the shorts" of traditional Stude owners, it's about as great a ride as this 67 year old Stude enthusiast could imagine.

It just looks and sits "RIGHT" I'd park it next to the "Silver Bullet" any day and take it to any auto show or cruise with pride.

Bob
                It is a beautiful truck, that is for sure. I like the understated look. I imagine for a lot of folks it just doesn't "look" that expensive and therefore shouldn't be that expensive. That drive train alone is worth a small fortune. I'm like you Bob, if I had the money I would go after it. But it sure isn't the '50 C-cab my Daddy had!
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Spent $120k and selling it hoping to get $60k? Had to check to see if he was related to my financial adviser.

However, guaranteed, it would cost $120k to pay a shop to produce that quality. It is a gorgeous truck and will stand out at a show much more than the belly-button Cobra replicas, fibreglas '32 Ford, tri-five Chevys.

While we're dreaming, I've driven C-cabs for more than fifty years and always wished for more leg and head room inside. The original Cobras and '32 Fords are way too small for today's fat old guys, so the repop companies make stretched versions. Since this high-dollar build may indicate the C-cabs are going mainstream rodding, maybe someone will reproduce an enlarged version of the C-cab to fit tall guys.

jack vines
                  PackardV8

Comment

The sad part is, if it were brand F or C it would have bids and could sell. That is one sweet truck.
                    Working on old cars separates the men from the golfers.

Comment

Working...
                    X