Additional Osceola Drags Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Osceola Drags Information

The following information is in addition to, and clarifies, the information on the event published in the May 2007 Co-Operator. Hopefully, we'll be able to squeeze it in the June Co-Operator, so everyone will have it before leaving for South Bend:

All competing vehicles will be required to have seat belts and radiator overflow catch-cans. A plastic quart oil bottle zip-tied in place is an acceptable, temporary overflow catch can.

Vehicles running slicks [:0] will be required to have a driveshaft safety loop.

No passengers will be allowed in any competing vehicle.

Helmets will be required for the driver of any vehicle running 13.99 or quicker in the quarter-mile.

Admission for competitors will be $20 for driver and competing vehicle. Spectator admission is $7 for ages 12 and older and $4 for ages 6 through 11. Five and under are free. BP

P.S. 'Just heard from Ann Turner at Turning Wheels Central after posting. She will be able to get this in The June Co-Operator. Whew! Thanks, Ann.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Thanks, Bob. I'm on it! Started yesterday tearing the rear end out of the Starliner to install the 4.27's, Fairborn axles and positraction.

Can we talk you into announcing at the track again, Bob?? [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks, Bob. I'm on it! Started yesterday tearing the rear end out of the Starliner to install the 4.27's, Fairborn axles and positraction.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Thanks for the thought and compliment (well, I think it was a compliment) Dick, but my announcing at Omaha wasn't my idea. I suspect there will be a more formal announcer at "OH-see".

With a full quarter-mile to run and all the people we expect to be there, it promises to be one helluva good time...again! [}]BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for the thought and compliment (well, I think it was a compliment) Dick, but my announcing at Omaha wasn't my idea. I suspect there will be a more formal announcer at "OH-see".

With a full quarter-mile to run and all the people we expect to be there, it promises to be one helluva good time...again! [}]BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
            It WAS a compliment [^]. I think your announcing added a lot to everyone's enjoyment of the event. You know most of the cars/drivers and most of the stories. Interjected some good humor and created some (faux [)]) excitement. Even if there is an "official" announcer, hopefully you can be on hand in the timing tower to add the color.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

It WAS a compliment [^]. I think your announcing added a lot to everyone's enjoyment of the event. You know most of the cars/drivers and most of the stories. Interjected some good humor and created some (faux [)]) excitement. Even if there is an "official" announcer, hopefully you can be on hand in the timing tower to add the color.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I confess that I was the scoundrel behind that ordeal as noone at the track in Omaha had a clue who we were, so I took the liberty of having the track manager page Bob P. figuring he would add sufficient color and that he did and I for one am very grateful that he did the announcing. Thanks again Bob. In the mean time I am hard at work to come up with some things to counter Dick Steinkamps gear change ssst don't tell him.

Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I confess that I was the scoundrel behind that ordeal as noone at the track in Omaha had a clue who we were, so I took the liberty of having the track manager page Bob P. figuring he would add sufficient color and that he did and I for one am very grateful that he did the announcing. Thanks again Bob. In the mean time I am hard at work to come up with some things to counter Dick Steinkamps gear change ssst don't tell him.

Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank
                    In the mean time I am hard at work to come up with some things to counter Dick Steinkamps gear change ssst don't tell him.
                    Frank,
                    The biggest thing you can do to make it an actual race between our two cars is to pull a couple of plug wires off yours .

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank
                      In the mean time I am hard at work to come up with some things to counter Dick Steinkamps gear change ssst don't tell him.
                      Frank,
                      The biggest thing you can do to make it an actual race between our two cars is to pull a couple of plug wires off yours .

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick

We will have fun no matter what happens.I think we will have a spectacular turnout since this wll be such a large meet.
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Dick

We will have fun no matter what happens.I think we will have a spectacular turnout since this wll be such a large meet.
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Working...
                          X