X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Skytop?

On EvilBay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item1c16589a93

Not quite sure that I would have done it exactly the same way, but BIITEOTB and YMYC

I know the car and the fella that owns it has had it for a few years , he has a lot of fun with it and he isn't afraid to drive it either !
    That skytop was just installed this spring , its brand new ....very nice job
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

That has always been my favorite '62 Stude color.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Nice car and nice color. The only thing that bothers me is that steering wheel. To me, it's a safety matter.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Wow, that's a surprise. I'm on the fence right now about putting my own '62 on the market too...we may soon have hardly any '62s in the chapter!

S.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
            On EvilBay

Not quite sure that I would have done it exactly the same way, but BIITEOTB and YMYC
            I sure hope it has power steering!
            Ron Dame
            '63 Champ

Comment

Power Steering? That car looks like it has power EVERYTHING <g>. Love the colour, love the Skytop, love the interior--well, except for that steering wheel--and mostly love the exterior treatment. The only things I'm not at all fussy about are the Caddy bullets on the taillights (and wheels). IMO they should only be on 59 Cadillacs and certain metalflake custom leadsled early 50s Mercuries. I just think they look odd when you only have one per side. Overthetopness requires at least two, perhaps three, fender skirts and exhaust ports through the bumpers <ggg>

2R5--what is the story behind the "new Skytop"? Source/company info??

Comment

--what is the story behind the "new Skytop"? Source/company info??
                My guess is it's from StreetBeat Customs......website here: http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/201...tops-Sunroofs/
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

but BIITEOTB and YMYC
                  HUH? You been texting or blogging too much Jim? What is that on this Planet?
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

YMYC =Your money your car. Just my guess. The other one is beyond me.
                    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                    50 Champion 2 door*
                    53 Commander K Auto*
                    53 Commander K overdrive*
                    55 President Speedster
                    62 GT 4Speed*
                    63 Avanti R1*
                    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Herre's email for those skytops if interested .

rick@slidingragtops.com or rick_Freeman@cox.net
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Here's the same Daytona in pre-Skytop (and pre-other-stuff, too) days--seen at Vineland ON on Drive Your Stude Day 2009.

A really neat car. If it does change hands I hope it stays local...Oh, and re the comment about fender skirts, the current owner was indeed looking for a set to fit the Daytona!

S.
                        Last edited by Steve T; 10-15-2010, 12:44 PM. Reason: fender skirts

Comment

62 Skytop...I'm the owner!

Hello All
                          Let's knock off some questions posted
                          Colour- GM Bright Teal
                          Steering Wheel- Easy as pie to use, and no power steering.
                          Skytop- "Slidingragtops", he has the original roofs NOS in his inventory from a buy out with Studebaker paperwork.
                          Caddy Tail lights- They are going, and so are the studs in the Grill.
                          I will be(hope?!) installing a rebuilt 289, with R1 or R2 specs and to cap it all off with a 78' Trans Am Shaker scoop cut through the hood, Varooooom!! Stayed tuned...

The car did not sell,it moves and it grooves(IMIG)62stude@gmail.com but if your interested???

And for all, Jim B, what does BIITEOTB and YMYC, stand for?

On EvilBay

Not quite sure that I would have done it exactly the same way, but

Comment

Hey Fred!

Welcome to the Forum. Don't take it the wrong way, but I'm delighted to hear your Daytona didn't sell...it's now looking less likely that I'll even try to sell my '62 either. (Even my own mom, who is as practical as they come, has gone from not believing I'll put the Lark up for sale...all the way to telling me straight out that I shouldn't.)

And of course your proposed alterations mean I have to take more pix of your car, too...kewl...

S.

Comment

Originally posted by 62stude View Post

Hello All
                              Let's knock off some questions posted
                              Colour- GM Bright Teal
                              Steering Wheel- Easy as pie to use, and no power steering.
                              Skytop- "Slidingragtops", he has the original roofs NOS in his inventory from a buy out with Studebaker paperwork.
                              Caddy Tail lights- They are going, and so are the studs in the Grill.
                              I will be(hope?!) installing a rebuilt 289, with R1 or R2 specs and to cap it all off with a 78' Trans Am Shaker scoop cut through the hood, Varooooom!! Stayed tuned...

The car did not sell,it moves and it grooves(IMIG)62stude@gmail.com but if your interested???

And for all, Jim B, what does BIITEOTB and YMYC, stand for?

Ahhh....Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and your money, your car.
                              Needless to say, I love almost every single thing about the car, with those few exceptions which just leave me sortof bleh. I'm really happy you are getting rid of the bullets and the Caddy lights, then that car would be >>near heaven<< for me as is. If it were mine, I'd still change the steering wheel though. I'd want to be in an arcade with that wheel, BTJM. (but thats just me)

Now, a question....does anyone know of any *1964* (or even later) 2 doors/4doors that had had a Skytop or other sliding roof installed aftermarket? I know they were only OEM for 61-63.

Comment

Working...
                              X