Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1932 President convertible coupe, car in barn

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1284760274

OK not exactly a barn but an old single stall garage. 1932 President model 91 convertible coupe. Low production. Only 8 survivors accounted for, two in museums. This is one of only two that is assembled and in substantially original condition. Not for sale.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

That is one good looking solid car. Would love to find one in a garage around here in that good of condition! Thanks for sharing!
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

So what is its fate, Richard? WIll it go back in the garage, or will someone give it the attention that it deserves?
      John
      1950 Champion
      W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
      Holdrege NE

Comment

Holy Hannah! What a beauty! I sure hope somebody has it locked up and with big plans for it's future...
        Sonny
        http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

What a great find....

Comment

One of the classiest cars ever built. Way out of my league, but I love to look at them.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

What kind of wheels are on it? They look like chrome plated steel spokes. Very modern looking for 1932.

Comment

Hello Richard,

A while back you posted factory photos of Duplex Phaetons. I sent you a PM concernig the possible availability of photos to a 26 EP Big Six Duplex Phaeton 120" wheelbase and did not get a response and was wondering if you received my message. If not, please contact me.

Thanks,

Rob Young
                Laramie

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
                  What kind of wheels are on it? They look like chrome plated steel spokes. Very modern looking for 1932.

Yes, they were called artillery wheels and this particular design was offered only in 1932. I have mentioned to several people over the years that modern wheel makers must have been familiar with Studebakers '32 wheels since many of today's cars use a similar design.
                  Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
                  X