• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cultural infidel
    replied
    Originally posted by texbodemer View Post
    Could you post a picture?
    --University Motors was (in 1959) an offshoot of University Chevrolet, as they wanted to sell the compact Lark.
    Once I get to the point of getting it ready for the road, I will either re-paint/refurbish the frames or hang em in my garage as is.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• texbodemer
    replied
    Could you post a picture?
    --University Motors was (in 1959) an offshoot of University Chevrolet, as they wanted to sell the compact Lark.

Leave a comment:

• cultural infidel
    replied
    Stumbled across this thread. I'm pretty sure that the License Plate frames on the wagon are from University Motors!
    Last edited by cultural infidel; 09-19-2011, 01:29 PM. Reason: Just checked and I was correct!

Leave a comment:

• 58PackardWagon
    replied
    My 58 Packard Sedan came from that dealership. I could post a pic of the University Motors rear license plate frame if you would like.

Leave a comment:

• texbodemer
    replied
    Thanks for posting it.

Leave a comment:

• BRUCESTUDE
    replied
    Don- I found it in the Seattle Munincipal archives; there is a series of road improvement shots on U. way.

Leave a comment:

• Don Kelstrom
    replied
    Hey Bruce, Where did you find that picture? I haven't seen it before.

Leave a comment:

• texbodemer
    replied
    I know that for a while (1955-1960--roughly) University Motors was located in that building.

Leave a comment:

• BRUCESTUDE
    replied
    No, but I found this cool picture of Roosevelt Way in 1950; note the new 1950 Champion. I can't help but feel that someone just bought it, and went into the MoPar joint afterwards to show the rude saleman there what a great buy he got, plus the neat new styling!!!!

Leave a comment:

• texbodemer
    started a topic University Motors, Seattle?

University Motors, Seattle?

Does anybody have any information on University Motors, in Seattle WA? Any photos, etc. would be great.
Working...
X