Avanti Red/Honduras Maroon Model (Touch-up?) paint available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Red/Honduras Maroon Model (Touch-up?) paint available

I know some of you are into model cars, or just might want to paint your 1/18th scale metal Avanti model the correct shade, if so here's some good news.

I just got back from the hobby store and I found a small spray car of genuine Honduras Maroon.
    It's made by Testors (remember them from your childhood model building days?) and it's in their Model Master Custom Lacquer System.
    I didn't check to see ifd it's actually a lacquer or an enamel like most of their paints.

It's licensed by GM and is listed with an introductory year of 1962.

I wonder if you could use it as a touch-up paint on a real Avanti?

Maybe I'll build my AMT model (available from S-I) this winter.
    BTW: anyone have any experience with taking apart the 1/18th metal model?
    Last edited by JBOYLE; 09-14-2010, 10:04 AM.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

1/12 scale? I haven't seen Avanti models bigger than 1/18 die casts. Is this new?
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
      1/12 scale? I haven't seen Avanti models bigger than 1/18 die casts. Is this new?
      My bad (don't you love kid's lingo? I also used the term "Smokin' hot" this afternoon...)
      I meant 1/18th. I corrected my post.
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

JBoyle

Here is the Testors Lacquer website. It looks like you made a good find because they offer 70 OEM colors and they do describe them as lacquer. Could make a good touchup paint. http://www.testors.com/category/136961/

Don't forget that you can drive your car to the auto paint store and have them scan and mix the color. I don't think you'll get lacquer due to regulations but the color match was impressive when I repainted the trunk on my Avanti when I removed the rack.

good post

Bob

Comment

JBOYLE: I've taken apart several Signature 1/18th scale Avantis, and, removed all chrome for body repainting. Tedious but doable. Be VERY carefull. Signature was not planning to do the Gray or Turquiose colors and I had to have them. stupak

Comment

Working...
          X