Bellhousing cross shaft needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellhousing cross shaft needed.

As part of our attempt at putting a T5 transmission in Joe 's pickup, we need a throwout bearing cross shaft. The shaft we need fits the truck bellhousing that was used in V-8 pickups 1954-59 with a 3 speed transmission and some E series trucks. Anybody got one you don't need?
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Hi i think i mite have one will have to check. Can you tell me how long it is. Dusty

Dusty Taylor

Comment

I think Joe had a measurement from the bell. When he gets in from work I will find out. He would have had the one in the truck, but he used this bellhousimg to keep from taking the truck off the road as long.
      more: Joe says that the parts book has 11 9/16" for the shaft he needs.
      Last edited by 52-fan; 09-13-2010, 07:46 PM. Reason: More info found.
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thinking about doing something like that. I have a 61 bell housing,flywheel and 3 speed sitting in the garage and am suffering with the BW automatic in my 55. Which t5 did you use and out of what kind of car.

Comment

The T5 is out of a Chevy S-10 pickup. He has the truck back together now and it drives great. I followed him on a loop around our area to check the speedometer and he likes it a lot.
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I stock a lot of shafts like that inventoried but I need part numbers to get you the correct one.
            Robert Kapteyn
            studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Working...
            X