Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sure looks like a 64-66 Lark body on this Willys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77-AK...eature=related
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

That is no coincidence. The redesign of the 1952-55 Willys passenger car line for the South American market was also handled by Brooks Stevens.

Craig

Comment

I don't see a lot of resemblance, personally, aside from the instrument panel. But that roofline sure looks Hawk-ish to me

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Looks rather F*rdish to me.

Comment

Is there a translator in the house? I know just a little Spanish, but I think the owner was telling the interviewer, "If you think this is cool, you should see the 1968 Willybaker R5 Tornado I have at home; the last one built with a supercharged Studebaker V-8"
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Closed Captioning, Youtube needs closed captioning. I can read it, I have problems listening to it, sorry .
            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Not spanish, but portuguese. Sorry, that I do not understand/speak.

Comment

I think it's actually Brasilian Portugese being spoken; not Spanish. To me Brasilian Portugese sounds like Spanish words spoken by an Italian.
                \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                Jim Mann
                Victoria, B.C.
                Canada

Comment

For what it's worth, I can 'name that tune'. The song playing near the end of the video was "Money For Nothing" by Dire Straits. As for the car, I don't believe I have ever seen before. Very interesting. As for a Studebaker connection, Studebakers are still being built down there....or at least that is the rumour that I am trying to start.
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Yup! In AuSTUDEa there are R8 engines lurking in some of the Holdens.They put out about 317 KW,which is a tad more than a well tuned R3 I believe.Took about 45 years to get the extra 25 horses or so. That's progress,BUT the motor has an extra 50 cubic inches.
                    A.C.Moisley

Comment

It's all Greek to me !

Comment

Working...
                      X