Salt2Salt ridealong video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salt2Salt ridealong video.

Want to hear a Studebaker engine singing along at 6500 rpm's?
    The Salt2Salt guys had a video camera in the car at Bonneville.Here is a link to the vid.I'll use Greg Meyers description he used on another site to introduce it.
    "just uploaded on-board video of our first run this year on the salt. There was some sort of hold-up waiting for something to be cleared off the course, so the first couple minutes is the car sitting at the starting line warming up. The face you see at the beginning is CT, our newest team-member setting up his vid-cam. Once I am underway, you hear shifting thru 4 gears. The orange banners delineate the course. After 3 miles, I get off the gas and try to scrub off some speed before veering over to the right where the return road is parallel to the course. You then hear me extricating myself from the 5 point harness, wrist straps and helmet. I know parts are a little boring, but I didn't know how to edit it out..... Watch this with a good speaker system hooked up to your computer for max effect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibrwEfYmIA8
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Bob, that car sounds awesome! I got a grin on my face as it accelerated.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I watched it 7 times. I'm so going to try to get to Bonneville next year.

Comment

Matt, were you watching the car race or were you looking at the hott brunette wearing the Daisy Dukes near the end of the video? By the way, this 182 cubic inch powerhouse was at the Hugo car show yesterday. It's VERY loud when standing nearby!
        sigpic

Comment

Great video Bob. It sure sounds healthy. I had the volume turned way up. I wish there was smell with videos too.

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
            Matt, were you watching the car race or were you looking at the hott brunette wearing the Daisy Dukes near the end of the video? By the way, this 182 cubic inch powerhouse was at the Hugo car show yesterday. It's VERY loud when standing nearby!
            There was a girl in the video?

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              There was a girl in the video?
              Matt, when was the last time that you had your eyes examined?
              sigpic

Comment

What is the drivetrain setup on the car now? I recall the Champion turbo-6 was replaced and there was some talk about a ford flathead v8 at one time. I looked at the salt2salt web page but it has 2009 stuff on it and not more recent.

How far apart are the orange pylons in the video? Sorta lose track of scale/speed given the flat landscape out there!

Jeff in ND

Comment

bob40

thx, for posting. loved it.......6500 RPM sounds so gooooooood!!!!!

tempestan

Comment

The girl is CT's (straw hat in this clip) girlfriend Miesha. And I just can't figure this out. I was on the line for every pass that car made and although officials spoke to me, it was one at a time. (Well, except once when they called me back to the line after I "left" some equipment behind, lol. Two of them spoke to me then on that occasion.) But anyway, Miesha was on the line watching cars, and at one point, every official came over and introduced themselves and shook hands with her. It was like a feeding frenzy. I try to be friendly, too...
                    Jim
                    Often in error, never in doubt
                    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X