56 Sky Hawk in Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Sky Hawk in Turning Wheels

I was flipping through the latest Turning Wheels when a 1956 Sky Hawk caught my eye and I noticed it was a local area code to me. On looking at the picture, it was clear this was the same guy I bought my Cruiser from! The car is here:

1956 Sky Hawk . Auto trans, PS, 289 motor overhauled. California car, no rust. Phantom interior, body completely refinished, chrome replated, many other parts replaced. Over $21,000 invested. Moving. Make fair offer. Jim, 502-255-7121.

So, I dropped Jim a line since I hadn't talked with him since I bought the cruiser. He's moving and losing his garage space, so he's selling the 56. It was under restoration when I bought the Cruiser 2 years ago. Anyway, it sounds like a REALLY nice car, Phantom interior, all rebuilt. If it's anything like the Cruiser it's a fine car. He's looking for $18,000. Too much for my blood and maybe a bit on the high side, but I'll bet it needs nothing.

Not to sound like a smart ass, but if it was white over Airforce Blue I might have jumped. That was THE FIRST Hawk my father bought. Then after two heart attacks they made him sell it and get a car with PS, thus the Green and White 56J.

BG

Comment

Not to sound like a smart ass, but if it was white over Airforce Blue I might have jumped. That was THE FIRST Hawk my father bought. Then after two heart attacks they made him sell it and get a car with PS, thus the Green and White 56J.

BG

Comment

Working...
      X