Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Races 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Races 2010

Anybody gonna mention the Pure Stocks for this year? John Shannahan came by to help me with the Avanti today. All I lack is finishing. What about the rest of you folks?

Sept 17 and 18. Qualifying on Friday with pairings and shootout races on Saturday. Venue Mid-Michigan Motorplex.

Look for the Studebaker pits under the Blue and White Studebaker banner.
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Will be there to watch ....just not to participate....they won't let trucks run
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Jim

Are there any problems with getting into the pits to see the cars? I live about an hour or so away and have tried to get there for the last couple of years. Looks like Friday is going to work, so I plan to stop by.

If I can lend a hand, I'd be happy to help someone.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
        Jim

Are there any problems with getting into the pits to see the cars? I live about an hour or so away and have tried to get there for the last couple of years. Looks like Friday is going to work, so I plan to stop by.

Bob
        'No problem at all getting into the pits, Bob.

You pays your spectator entry fee to get inside the main gate ($15 per day this year) and you can then go anywhere you want except the upper, inner sanctum of the timing tower. No restrictions.

Most Studebaker folks are staying Thursday and Friday nights at Maxfield's Inn in Edmore. Overflow at The Edmore Inn right next door as Maxfield's has been sold out for a year.

'Hope to see everyone there! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That's a good point Bob. Anyone that may be in the area should plan to stop by Maxfield's Inn in Edmore Thursday afternoon or evening or Friday evening and visit in the parking lot. Thursday may be best since some of the cars will be at the track overnight Friday.
          Richard
          The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

We plan to have the "Studebaker hospitality trailer" at Maxfield's Thursday and Friday night with the Avanti parked right next to it. In fact, with the hotel being booked up, we'll probably be sleeping in it, lol.
            Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
              Jim

Bob
              Hey Bob,

I'm looking for a pit crew for the races, weather permitting. (it's looking pretty good today) It seems everyone has one or two people looking at timing, metering rods etc. Your more than welcome to hang around my Hawk and give some freindly advice, I'm alone in my pit.

Allen
              1964 GT Hawk
              PSMCDR 2014
              Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
              PSMCDR 2013
              Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Allen , you going thursday or are you meeting me for breakfast friday morning?
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                  Allen , you going thursday or are you meeting me for breakfast friday morning?
                  Looks like we will be leaving after a class I have on Thursday afternoon. Hope to be on the road by 4:30 pm and Drive straight through to Mt. Pleasent.

Caroline and I can't see getting up at 3:00 am to make the 6 hour drive to get to the Drags by 9:00 - 11:00 am. We will still be rolling in to the Motorplex by 10:00 am anyway but with a good sleep behind us.

See you in Stanton

Allen
                  1964 GT Hawk
                  PSMCDR 2014
                  Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                  PSMCDR 2013
                  Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

10:00 AM Friday morning is a good time to arrive. Tech Inspection begins at 9:00 AM and it's usually about 10:00 AM Friday morning before the first car makes a pass down the track during that full day of practice.

The weather forecast is overcast and temps in the 60s. Great for racing but could be chillier than 75+ degrees and sun, so dress accordingly. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I will be there on Saturday. Giving thanks that Detroit is much closer than most of you guys have travel but lamenting the fact that I don't get Fridays off work, as in the early days of the muscle car drags. Sigh. Huck
                      Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

I came this close to heading out and surprising you all. Just can not do. Maybe next year (if there is a next year for the event)
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

All,
                          One of you guys will need to find the Live Feed for the PSMCDR and post it so others can see. I will be at the race racing my car so I can't do it.
                          Try going to http://www.v8buick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37
                          Donny Brass should have it up on that site.
                          Richard
                          The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
                            Hey Bob,

I'm looking for a pit crew for the races, weather permitting. (it's looking pretty good today) It seems everyone has one or two people looking at timing, metering rods etc. Your more than welcome to hang around my Hawk and give some freindly advice, I'm alone in my pit.

Allen
                            Allen

Sent you a message that I'll be there friday AM, If you need a hand I'll be available.

Bob

Comment

Well, bad news for us today. A drip from the rear main. At this point, it's a huge disappointment to miss out on a great event, but we also want to get the car to the SE Zone. So, I decided to miss out on the PSMCDR event to get the rear main taken care of and some cleaning and detailing.

On the plus side, the first start on the engine sounds great and I'm really happy with it so far, just not looking forward to fixing the rear main seal and the hassle that entails.
                              Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X