Bought something of Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought something of Studebaker

I bought some crushed cement this week to build up my driveway.
    The guy delivering it saw one of my hawks and told me he owned 4 or 5 of those.
    Then he told me that the concrete he is bringing is from the Studebaker factory.
    He said some peces were 5 to 6 feet deep in size.
    I am sure my Studebakers feel better now that the driveway is from the same factory.

Just a litle trivia.

Paul

Cool beans!

Comment

Very cool, Paul. And, good to hear from you! What's your current project now that the CE is done?
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Hi Bob.

I was thinking of resuming work on the 53 hard top that was interupted by the CE.
        How ever my wife and I went to that car show at the museum today and my wife keeps on
        hinting how she likes the bullet nose.
        So ?????

Comment

Are there pics up of the CE since it was completed? Steve
          sigpic

Comment

It sounds like the rebar, brickwork, concrete, etc from the Studebaker plant is being recycled into other buildings or structures. So if you have a new building, street, sidewalk, or anything with these materials that are used, a piece or pieces of Studebaker's plant may end up in in it.
            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Could there be an opportunity for a local chapter to package a small amount of residue from the plant site and sell it to those enthusiasts that won't ever have the opportunity to visit South Bend? It could be kept on the shelf in the garage or displayed in the man cave. We gave our son a commemorative brick from a UND stadium renovation.
              "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
                Could there be an opportunity for a local chapter to package a small amount of residue from the plant site and sell it to those enthusiasts that won't ever have the opportunity to visit South Bend? <<<.
                Bob, in theory it sounds like a great idea. But in reality; I could not even give away (as in FREE) bricks from various demolished Studebaker buildings.

Somewhere written in the "Laws of Human Nature" it must state:

"If it's FREE you won't want it; if it CO$T, it co$t too much."

Go figure!!!

Comment

Working...
                X