Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a Studebaker Guy Near Harrisburg or York Pa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Studebaker Guy Near Harrisburg or York Pa?

I was wondering if there was a knowledgeable Studebaker Guy in the Harrisburg or York Pa area that we could scratch heads together with tomorrow? I'm dumbfounded.

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Uh oh...There are tons of guys near there, Allen. I have a roster, do you need help asap? Max Corkins' shop is in Lewistown.
    Last edited by barnlark; 08-26-2010, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Have sent PM.
      Shop in State College is open tomorrow but it is 80 miles up Rt 322 from Harrisburg. Lots of Stude folk in the Harrisburg/York area; center of the Keystone Region Chapter.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
        Uh oh...There are tons of guys near there, Allen. I have a roster, do you need help asap?
        Yes I do. Sometimes two heads are better than one. The Lark is running acceptable at highway speeds (55-70) but merging onto the highway it has no get up and go. I am wondering if I have lost the vacuum advance on the distributor... something is up here and I don't understand it...
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        PSMCDR 2013

Victoria, Canada

Comment

You can feel the vacuum loss. Pull the vacuum hose off and see if there is any difference in how it idles. If not, you found one problem. Could just be the timing, or one bad plug, or wire, or just a bad vacuum line also. The vacuum advance is easy to replace. Pop the cap and get a small screwdriver in there and a good light. Don't lose the screws! It's just two screws and it's out. You have to squeeze the little pin on the arm and it should pop out easily. Get a replacement at NAPA and you can see how simple it is. Do you need a phone number to brain storm? Is it pinging while driving on the on-ramps?
          Last edited by barnlark; 08-26-2010, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I considered offering to go to Scranton, about 90 miles, but you can find many others in SE PA.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
              You can feel the vacuum loss. Pull the vacuum hose off and see if there is any difference in how it idles. If not, you found one problem. Could just be the timing, or one bad plug, or wire, or just a bad vacuum line also. The vacuum advance is easy to replace. Pop the cap and get a small screwdriver in there and a good light. Don't lose the screws! It's just two screws and it's out. You have to squeeze the little pin on the arm and it should pop out easily. Get a replacement at NAPA and you can see how simple it is. Do you need a phone number to brain storm?
              Dave,

I'll check out the vacuum advance tomorrow. Jeff R. gave me the low down on testing it. I have a feeling this maybe one of my problems. If you know someone down here in this area I would appreiate a phone number for a brain storm. Send me a private message. I have the keystone presidents number but it is too late to call him. Max Corkin is about an hour away do you have his phone number?
              1964 GT Hawk
              PSMCDR 2014
              PSMCDR 2013

Victoria, Canada

Comment

PMing, check for numbers....

Comment

Working...
                X