September Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Turning Wheels

I received the September issue of Turning Wheels today.

Congratulations, Art & Ann on a superb issue!

JWW

BTW, I think that this is the first time I've started a thread. I clicked on Post New Thread, but had no choices of fonts, sizes, italics, etc. What am I missing here? I see tham when I reply to a thread. I copied and pasted from Word Pad, but the italics for TW and color for "superb" didn't paste. I still haven't figured our how to get the smilies into the text of the thread.

I'm going to bed.

I was so excited because I got my August issue in the mail yesterday! Did you say September issue?
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Wow must be the meet issue?
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

My August issue arrived 2 days ago, one would think for the cost we overseas folks pay the club could arrange for them to arrive less than a month after the rest of you. I guess I'm getting tired of posts like this when mine won't arrive for a month.

Glad the fellow enjoyed his copy.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
          My August issue arrived 2 days ago, one would think for the cost we overseas folks pay the club could arrange for them to arrive less than a month after the rest of you. I guess I'm getting tired of posts like this when mine won't arrive for a month.

Glad the fellow enjoyed his copy.
          This is one good reason to contact our club officers and lobby for the option of receiving Turning Wheels electronically. Distribution could be global on the same day. The international (and rural) members wouldn't have to wait on a slow boat or mule to get the latest copy. Again, before I start the flames, I am NOT suggesting that the printed version be taken away from those who want it. I am suggesting that the electronic distribution be ADDED as an option for those who would want in instead of, or in addition to a printed Turning Wheels.
          Jim Bradley
          Lake Monticello, VA
          '78 Avanti II
          sigpic

Comment

It sounds like Sept TWs will be worth waiting for. Our August issue arrived just last week & I must say congratulations to Ed Reynolds for giving us all an insight into what it took to create Studebaker International in South Bend 2010. I have seen many of those changes related to the Studebaker Parts scene since our first visit to South Bend in 1973 & hope to Ed's new South Bend operation during 2011.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
            MELBOURNE.

Comment

I'm confused as to why it takes a month of extra time to get your TW when being delivered out of the country. Which country's postal service and inspection is the problem here? If they are sent out at the exact time as ours, at an extra cost, they should be leaving at the same time from the U.S. and, I would think, well on their way with the same quick USPS service.

Comment

According to the mailing label it was posted from Germany??? Sometimes the Source Interlink and Hemmings magazines come from Belgium/France/Sweden/ and New Zealand depending on what arrangements are made.

Not sure, and pointless asking American club officers as I'm in Australia. The local contact is useless.
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

turning wheels is a second class pub.which means it goes via surface(ship).only express and 1st class go via air.

Comment

John,it may be useful to contact the SDC International Director listed on the back page of Turning Wheels and pose the question of delayed delivery to him. In turn the board could then discuss the complaints and possibly come up with a solution. These people have been elected to run the clubs business and are the folks to go to in my opinion.

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                    According to the mailing label it was posted from Germany??? Sometimes the Source Interlink and Hemmings magazines come from Belgium/France/Sweden/ and New Zealand depending on what arrangements are made.

Not sure, and pointless asking American club officers as I'm in Australia. The local contact is useless.
                    Frank van Doorn
                    Omaha, Ne.
                    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I just received my Septermber issue of TW today. As usual, it's very well done.
                      Rog
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Just received my August edition, today. Good thing I bought a few years worth of back issues on eBay. I haven't read them all, yet
                        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodstude View Post
                          turning wheels is a second class pub.which means it goes via surface(ship).only express and 1st class go via air.
                          Even first class mail takes two weeks to go across the US/Canada border. I have a lot of cross-border business transactions (insurance) and routinely tell my clients to pay the premium before the bill arrives, because if they wait, the policy will be cancelled before they ever see the invoice. Mail inside the border of one's respective domicile usually doesn't take more than 24-48 hours....maybe three days if it's coming from back east.

Comment

I'm with you Jim!

Originally posted by Rerun View Post
                            This is one good reason to contact our club officers and lobby for the option of receiving Turning Wheels electronically. Distribution could be global on the same day. The international (and rural) members wouldn't have to wait on a slow boat or mule to get the latest copy. Again, before I start the flames, I am NOT suggesting that the printed version be taken away from those who want it. I am suggesting that the electronic distribution be ADDED as an option for those who would want in instead of, or in addition to a printed Turning Wheels.
                            I could not agree more. Speedier delivery at potentially lower cost. Plus we keep hard copies for those that want it. I will lobby my SDC Director and Zone Co-ordinator whenever I see them (sorry guys).
                            Mark Hayden
                            '66 Commander
                            Zone Coordinator
                            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Just received my Sept TW heck I havn't finished Aug yet been to busy working on the Studebaker fleet.

TOM
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X