No announcement yet.

More on the Woodward Dream Cruise.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on the Woodward Dream Cruise.....

I can't find that earlier post calling it "The Woodward Dream Snooze" but I must give a more positive spin on this event. It is wonderful, with thousands of special interest vehicles. It is loud, colorful, and crazy. It is Detroit's Marti Gras! The manufacturers were back with impressive displays. GM Performance had dozens of their famous engines on display in glass cases. The MOPAR exhibit was huge and if one felt like snoozing, Fiat was there with an upscale cafe with free espresso or capachino to wake you up. While I wouldn't want to make a Purple low-rider out of my '63 Lark, seeing stuff like that is part of the fun. The people attending the Dream Cruise are the best part. Everyone is so friendly. Even with the day long rain showers, I did not encounter one crabby person. The rain did stop, near days end and guys were quick to squeege off their cars. I thought they looked great when the water was beaded up on them and got some good pictures. Well, plan to be here next year. Peace, Huck in Detroit

Search results.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...searchid=73330

Comment

Sorry Huck, but the "Dream Cruise" is a total waste of time. There is so much traffic on Woodward that nobody cruises. It is so spread out that you can't walk and cover even a small part of the cars parked. Paying an exorbitant price for a place to park your car is plain dumb. Major corperations treat it like their own backyards. And its only supposedly only a one day deal.

Starting in the same week and ending on the weekend (yes both days) you can go to Flint for the "Back to the Bricks". They close the whole downtown area and park cars on the streets. The main street and the side streets on both sides along with the cross streets. Everything is within walking distance. Not only is it free, but they give away door prizes. The only thing you miss is watching Mom's mini van and Dad's pickup sitting in traffic on Woodward.
      Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Kind of agree with BeeJay , I took my Champ truck one year and after about 6 hours we had covered 3 miles , my clutch leg was worn out and my truck was hot so we left down a side street.
        But then again ...everyone should do it at least once !
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...e-Detroit-News

That is just one man's opinion (mine) about it being the Dream Snooze. I would rather be drag racing.
          Frank Remlinger
          Detroit, Michigan
          SDC# A004602R

Comment

Working...
          X