I searched the faqs and still cannot figure out how to post pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I searched the faqs and still cannot figure out how to post pictures

I stayed up late last night trying to figure out how to post pictures of my ohv homebuilt manifold and digging through FAQs for nuggets of information before I threw in the towel for the evening.

First, can I post pictures directly to the forum IF they fall into the size requirements listed on the upload interface? I hope that I did not misunderstand a a series of posts that gave me the impression that you NO LONGER need an outside picture storage service.

I think that I need to resize what I have too

Well, if someone could PM me some hints so I can get these pictures posted

Thanks

Jeff T.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

This one by cliffh was the most helpful to me!

To see the 'Add Image' icons:
    Click on Settings in the upper right corner of this page.
    On the left side near the bottom under My Account, click on General Settings.
    Scroll to the bottom. Under Misc. Options, select Enhanced Interface and Enhanced Attachment Uploading on.
    Click Save Changes on the bottom right.

Now you got icons when posting.
    Cliff

I found it a little more than half way down the page over on the SDC and Forum Discussions Forum on the Topic Posting Pictures.

Here is the Link: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...sting-pictures
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Okay, assuming you have done the above, you can now use the icon to insert pictures. It consists of a tiny picture of a tree. Rolling your pointer across it will produce the title 'insert image'. Click on this icon.

You will see a window overlay in two-tone grey.

On the bottom of the overlay window is 'insert files'. Click on this to upload files from your computer.
      ***Warning***
      If you are dial-up this will tie up your computer and phone line for a considerable time. The more the pictures, the more time the line is busy.

After you have clicked on 'insert files' you will see a Windows Explorer screen. Work your way to the directory and picture files you want to upload. When you select a file the screen will return to the vBulletin screen showing the file name in the list box. Underneath are three choices:
      Select files -- to add more files
      Upload files -- to complete the process and insert the picture
      Clear list -- to abandon the process

The result of 'Upload files' is something like this:Click image for larger version

Name:	studebaker victoria.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	1663099

Now, on the top of this overlay window are two tabs; From Computer and From URL. The 'From Computer' tab is the default. If you wish to load a picture from your PhotoBucket, Picasa, or other album, then you must use the From URL tab. It works very simmilarly to the previous process. However, you must uncheck a box directly below the URL insert line.

That's all there is to it. All the best!
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        This one by cliffh was the most helpful to me!

To see the 'Add Image' icons:
        Click on Settings in the upper right corner of this page.
        On the left side near the bottom under My Account, click on General Settings.
        Scroll to the bottom. Under Misc. Options, select Enhanced Interface and Enhanced Attachment Uploading on.
        Click Save Changes on the bottom right.

Now you got icons when posting.
        Cliff

I found it a little more than half way down the page over on the SDC and Forum Discussions Forum on the Topic Posting Pictures.

Here is the Link: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...sting-pictures
        This was the one that got me fixed up a month or so ago.
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
        X