Someones getting a good deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someones getting a good deal

I had an r1 JT engine for sale on this forum and the Stude Swap page. I knew it was a great running engine when I pulled it and made a note of that in the ad. Little did I know just how good that engine really was. WOW... It has 185-190 compression in all cylinders. After seeing those numbers I was momentarily tempted to fib to the potential buyer. He is gonna love this engine, fer sher!!!
    sals54

185 to 190?

It probably just has a set of R3 Pistons and a Pair of R3 Heads, no big deal, just sell it! Lol!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Where is the stude swap page?
      Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
        Where is the stude swap page?
        Mike Sal
        http://www.studebakerswap.com/studebaker.shtml
        Bob Langer
        Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
          I had an r1 JT engine for sale on this forum and the Stude Swap page. I knew it was a great running engine when I pulled it and made a note of that in the ad. Little did I know just how good that engine really was. WOW... It has 185-190 compression in all cylinders. After seeing those numbers I was momentarily tempted to fib to the potential buyer. He is gonna love this engine, fer sher!!!
          The Avanti Shop Manual in the Tuneup section calls for compression on unsupercharged Avantis to test 185 to 195 psi (so your engine is right where it should be).
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Paul, Thats why I made the comment. How many R1 JT engines are still getting compression numbers like the shop manual recommends? This engine ran like a scalded dog when it was in my car, but I had never before done a compression check. It was quite a pleasant surprise to find numbers so good,
            sals54

Comment

I'm still looking for a 64 JTS block or whole engine less the S/C, I Have a nice set of heads and a new Supercharger. Also would like an aluminum 4bbl intake or a milled (For Studes) Mopar intake.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Hey Sal.
                Got any JTS blocks? That R1 is sure tempting.Wish you'd done the comp. check BEFORE I was there at 1.30 in the morning.AH well....Still trying to get access to get some RH Drive pics for you.Maybe next week.
                A.C.Moisley

Comment

Thanks Tony. My son and I were just talking about those pics last week. We're trying to figure out a good excuse to jump on a plane to AUS just for the fun of it. Lets see.... how could we make it a tax deduction??????
                  sals54

Comment

Well Sal,you could hunt up all those millions of dollars worth of Stude parts that are hidden away in disused dealerships,load them up when you fly to AUS. and sell them at a loss.That would be your tax loss/deduction.Now if you and your wife form a partnership,you can offset the loss against her income,have nine kids and become a refugee to Aus. and we'll give you $3800 per fortnight.Don't become an Australian born citizen because we'll only give you $3200 per fortnight.
                    Oh!,I meant to say we'll provide free translators for you,free medical FOREVER and reduced car registrations,half fare bus rides and Homeswest will build extra rooms for your children for FREE.If you're religious,just keep one of the free rooms for your prayer room.You can also bring ALL your rellies out as part of Family Reunion too,but this is a secret that most Aussies don't know about as they weren't asked if it was okay by referendum.
                    Darn! I forgot this is a Studebaker specific forum.Oh Well....Just bring the Stude parts out to us deprived Aussies and we'll look after you anyway.
                    What's an Abanti????
                    A.C.Moisley

Comment

Tony, Count me in... I'll be on the next flight.
                      sals54

Comment

Hey Sal,
                        Come by boat. It's cheaper and we'll process you ( Not like tinned food!) and feed you and give you loving care,THEN you can get all the benefits that have led to hundreds of boatloads of illegal immigrants arriving. Funny how they don't try to get to China or Russia or.....the rest of the world. I wonder what the word " sucker" means????
                        Nah! Just kidding...sort of...
                        Heck! Just come anyway and have a great time.We probably have the best weather in the world with an afternoon sea breeze and a great river that stretches all the way through our capital city and beyond.
                        Regards
                        A.C.Moisley

Comment

Working...
                        X