Selling my baby, 1960 Lark Regal VIII Convertible! Come see the video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my baby, 1960 Lark Regal VIII Convertible! Come see the video

Selling my baby, 1960 Lark Regal VIII Convertible!

Here is a video underneath on the rack, no steam clean, oil drips left as they are this is an older restoration and a driver, not a TRAILER CAR SHOW WINNER. But at a car show EVERYONE loves it and it IS the cutiest car there everytime and NO Sir its not a Rambler its a Studebaker!

Here is a photo of a photo shoot we did with Tess and my Lark.

I grabed my flip and we hosed it off, no polishing at all and she still looks so darn sweet!

I am selling my Lark and my Porsche, three little ones a 6 month, 3 year old and a 6 year old so my toys got to go!

I can ship it ANY LOCATION IN THE WORLD!

I will be putting it on ebaymotors, NO LOOKY LOO'S

If anyone knows someone looking to buy pass my e-mail and thanks Stude Dudes and Gals

I am in Downey California USA 90241

My name is Jerry and my e-mail address is ssvalves@aol.com

Nice car. Looks similar to the one I looked at in April in L.A... appears to be closer to original than "an older restoration" being done at some point, though I noticed newer DeLuxe gauges with an amp light on. Get in and drive that one! Good video to see for those of you looking for a good shot of the torque boxes.

Comment

Good looking car !! Good luck with your sale. And if the gal in the photo shoot is your wife, you're one lucky dude. Sure doesn't look like she's delivered 3 kids. Attractive car and model (wife) both.
      \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
      \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Thanks guys and no, that's not my wife. That is a model named Five Foot Tess!

Here is another shot of Tess and a 30 Model A Hot Rod I use to own

Her she is in a 1964 Rivera

She also does a show that she is a fire eater

Simply ...............................oh yes.

Comment

Here is the original post:
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...rk+Convertible

It does look a bit better in the video than in Dave's Pic's, I am pretty sure it's the same car, but if it IS the same car, it would be easy to tell by getting the Engine number, we have it right here in these pics from the old Topic posts.

I did note in the Pics that not only does this car (I believe) have a Low Gear start Trans. but since it must be a Cruise-O-Matic from a Ford, so it also should have 1,2,3 shiftability also, the Trans. Dial has 6 detents on it in the Video!. Those Dials were used in the Jeep Wagoneers with a GM 327 and a Borg Warner cast iron case Automatic with a 4X4 Transfer case.

I know this car from back in the 1980's and 90's and I feel like it is an old FRIEND!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich, I'm pretty sure the one I looked at in April in Los Feliz went to Minnesota the next week. This one didn't have the driver's side dent on the fender as that one did. It just looks like the same car because it has the same color combo. Strange to see two of those a few months apart when I haven't seen even one like that, in that color, in fifteen years. Cool car and the most interesting Studebaker model we've had this year...not counting Deep-N-Hock's adventures. Her small stature makes that Lark look huge, I figure she had to be pretty little. Good luck on your auction, 1960Lark.

Comment

Well Bob, I now am more sure than ever that THIS is the car I knew from Hermosa Beach, CA with the Cruise-O-Matic, not the one you looked at. I saw the 6 position detent Dial on the column in these videos!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Close but this is not the same Lark

I was shocked on how much these two look a like, like ALOT!

They are not the same Larks,

Regarding Numbers #
                Vin #60V-23059
                Motor #1554641 (with a 4 above the numbers)
                4 Barrel manifold Manifold #1547530
                Carberator Carter #6-1299 RE21610
                Distributor #? I can not see any numbers?
                Exhaust Manifold #537555

Here are some more pics, also the hood is not shut in these photos but the front hood does shut and fit very nicely>

I will be posting the Lark on Ebaymotors at $100 No Reserve! I MUST SELL THIS CAR!!!!!

So, if anyone out there knows someone who wants a good little driver this maybe what they are looking for!

Thanks Jerry

Comment

I should say thanks for thinking of us Studebaker nuts first as you consider (are) selling the vert.

I wonder with all those Porsche how does one end up with a Studebaker. Granted we have one Stude nut that contributes here on the forum that owns both makes.

Nuts' and bolts'
                  Did you have a sale price in mind when you posted?, looking for an offer, or meerely giving us a tease of what's to come on ebay? Not that I have any objection to the way you have done the forum post.......I'm just curious.

Tip: Also, I'd add some pictures of the top in the up position, it's condition and even better if you made a video of it's operation and/or the pump working.
                  While your in sunny California and the top stay's down , some of us Midwesterners would be more likely to bid/buy when factoring in the cost of a new top if necessary.

Once again your efforts and picture's of your cars conditions are merited, there have been many drive by sellers in the past that have just posted Take it or leave it, going to the crusher ad's that warrented little investigation.

Good luck I'm sure we will be watching
                  Post the Ebay link if you don't sell in the meantime.
                  Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 08-14-2010, 09:43 AM.
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Up on Ebay $100 NO RESERVE!

The top CANVAS needs to be replaced on the vinyl $275.00 but I was not sure of white or black, it has a black one right now.

The hydraulic lift for the top works great and did until the plastic hose line broke so it needs the plastic line but the frame, pump and latches are all there and all work great. I remember having to bleed the lines and SQUIRT that fluid shot right over my head.

The main thing with this Lark Regal Vlll ALL the trim and goodies are there.

I just listed it on ebay but I MUST SELL IT and my PORSCHE since my wifes car is up on lease and we need a family mobile and she is already looking at a Mercedes, so bye bye my toys.

Here is the e-bay $100 NO RESERVE link and click on the videos >

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Comment

1960Lark,
                      Your top either came in tan, or black in 1960. Tan is hard to find. Your top cylinder hoses are easy to find
                      and new ones are a must unless you like fluid leaks. New cylinders are a wise replacement, too. One of mine
                      split and leaked with the pressure of everything else being new in the system.

You're right, all of the hard to find trim pieces are there for a new owner to relax about. Your engine number
                      above is just a part number, the actual engine number is to the right of the thermostat housing on a flat area
                      between that and the head. It should start with a V if it is the original 259. Good luck with the auction.

Not a bad start to a soon to be expensive restoration! Keep an eye on that generator. That bright amp light is of concern.

Last edited by barnlark; 08-14-2010, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                        Rich, I'm pretty sure the one I looked at in April in Los Feliz went to Minnesota the next week. This one didn't have the driver's side dent on the fender as that one did. It just looks like the same car because it has the same color combo. Strange to see two of those a few months apart when I haven't seen even one like that, in that color, in fifteen years. Cool car and the most interesting Studebaker model we've had this year...not counting Deep-N-Hock's adventures. Her small stature makes that Lark look huge, I figure she had to be pretty little. Good luck on your auction, 1960Lark.
                        you are correct Dave! (this is not the same car!)

(sorry barnlark, I have not posted earlier as to the update on this car, but I was kind of waiting until It's at least drivable for a cruise night!)

Sorry, I have not posted earlier, but I bought the one out from under you earlier this spring. I did so, because I had been waiting for a convert at the right price and I though this one fit what I wanted.
                        Be glad I did, because it has been nothing but a money pit ever since, except for the fist week off the car hauler. To make a long story short (I know, too late). it has needed alot to get it to where i wanted it. First it was basic stuff likes brakes, shocks, tires, gaskets, convertible top power cylinder rebuild, etc. Then, it started smoking like crazy and is in the middle of an moderate engine rebuild.
                        It's the best ($15,000) $7k ragtop I ever had! Oh my I have to laugh! That's funny! At least my wife is still on board with it. That's one good thing. She thinks it's cute! Until we hit about $20K I think she'll be okay. I have been going through the original paperwork and it had an engine rebuild about 15k miles ago with myers studebaker in CA, which was surprising the seller did not mention that (somewhat of a sore spot with me), and two, not one, transmission rebuiulds. I was beginning to think that this was a lemon no matter how much money was thrown at it.

The production order states a tan convertible top, even though it had a white one at present. I think it looks better with the white one though. I believe that's what I'll get soon. Man, the amount of bugs and crap from the ride from CA was nuts. It as on the front top of the car hauler, so it took every bug and other misc crap it could possibly get. It was barely recognizable upon delivery! Anyway, it was quite the adventure the first couple of days!

will post udated info, after I get it home from the mechanic shop.
                        thanks, eric

p.s. it sure looked good next to my 63 daytona hardtop after a day and a half of rubbing compound! (which may possibly be for sale, by the way - the hardtop that is.)

p.p.s. I love your red convert, barnlark!

I am definitely going to watch this auction with anticipation!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by gohdes; 08-15-2010, 10:16 PM.

Comment

$ 350.00-- 60's P/U

There's a guy up in Roseville Mn. selling a 1960 Lark p/u with a 259 v/8 $350.00 Ron 651 343 1857---I don't know if this can go here ----I've already 2 projects or I get it-just thought maybe someone else might be interested ---

Comment

That is a nice '60 convertible. I wish mine had such a clean underbody. I am happy that you posted a video of the underbody as I am just now trying to fix some rust there and the video will sure help show how things are supposed to look. Please let us know when you put it on ebay so we can watch the bidding.

Comment

"...you are correct Dave! (this is not the same car!)
                              Sorry, I have not posted earlier, but I bought the one out from under you earlier this spring. I did so, because I had been waiting for a convert at the right price and I though this one fit what I wanted."
                              ____________________________________________________________________________

No problem, Eric. It looks pretty darn good in your driveway. My plan at the time was to get one for my daughter, so I found the one below, (it's now for sale; taking it to the Summit Meet) but thought better of it, so she now gets a car with air bags and proper safety features. She can drive mine if she wants. She's too afraid of crashing it, so I doubt she will drive it again until she is more comfortable with her new license. She's is a SDC member, though!

Good luck with that car. The color reminded me of the Kart Hauler's paint and I really liked that. I'd have to go another direction with the interior, though. The mismatch color of the body with the vinyl seats and carpet would drive me nuts. Your seats are a much better reproduction match than this one on eBay, though.

Studebaker seemed to lack that color coding ability with the exterior colors. It can be done now with a talented interior dye guy, but that rarely holds up for the seats. I think a tan interior, or a simple all black interior with a black top would make a nice combo. The cream and green interior that Dick did with the Ute would be perfect....if the carpet choice were to be a more realistic driver color...

Comment

Working...
                              X