• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full size car model display - very cool

OK, so its NOT Studebaker, but its a cool display and old cars, so I
    am sure many will appreciate the effort put into this. - Tom

http://www.flatheadv8.org/v8bob/carshow.htm

A lot of effort went into making this. Ed had the idea and my '40 was picked because most of the big parts are black (DP 90) and is still a project, so it was posible to use the fenders, running boards, etc. without too much trouble. We both have the actual model, mine being built in 1960, the issue year. Anyway, I don't see how we can ever top this one! The table display is a 1/25th scale of everything in the actual "big" display, including flathead and nailhead engines, all six club cars, paint bottles, brush, X-acto knife, etc. The only item not correct is the '48 Chevy model, painted to look like the '39 DeSoto hemi-powered club car.

'63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Shouldn't the floor be red linoleum? :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Shouldn't the floor be red linoleum? :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

that is so cool where is it

keith kirchhoff
        brockport ny 14420

Comment

that is so cool where is it

keith kirchhoff
          brockport ny 14420

Comment

Unbelievably Cool! Triple Double A+,Stude or not!!!

LaSalle,Il
            61Hawk
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Unbelievably Cool! Triple Double A+,Stude or not!!!

LaSalle,Il
              61Hawk
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

That's very creative...good thing it's not mine. From what I remember of my modeling days, the glue would be all over the chrome, the paint would be knocked over and the X Acto knife would be covered in blood.

ErniR

Comment

That's very creative...good thing it's not mine. From what I remember of my modeling days, the glue would be all over the chrome, the paint would be knocked over and the X Acto knife would be covered in blood.

ErniR

Comment

Gee, Ernie, your model work sounds like mine. My Mum wouldn't allow any of my models out of my room or in sight of the door because of the... fingerprints.

Yeah, Tom, that's proof of the adage, "the only difference between men and boys is the size of their toys!"

They did a superb job on the '1/1 model'

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    Lotsa Larks!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Gee, Ernie, your model work sounds like mine. My Mum wouldn't allow any of my models out of my room or in sight of the door because of the... fingerprints.

Yeah, Tom, that's proof of the adage, "the only difference between men and boys is the size of their toys!"

They did a superb job on the '1/1 model'

Lotsa Larks!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

To this day I'm not good with glue. I did the interior on my Avanti and it's pure luck that I didn't end up permanently fastened to the "B" Pillar!

ErnieR

Comment

To this day I'm not good with glue. I did the interior on my Avanti and it's pure luck that I didn't end up permanently fastened to the "B" Pillar!

ErnieR

Comment

A guy at my work found it, I dont have any connection to the display
                            at all, so I dont have any further info. Sorry guys.

Tom
                            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

A guy at my work found it, I dont have any connection to the display
                              at all, so I dont have any further info. Sorry guys.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X