Project Liquidation Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Liquidation Sale

I've been going back and forth for days about posting this or not. The summer is getting away from me and I really need to get some things done around the house and to my "keeper" projects. The yard is full of Stude projects that I probably won't get much farther on this year and they need new homes.

I thought before I did my E-Bay thing with big descriptions, lots of pics, fees etc., I'd offer them up here first. I know the forum has a limited range for selling cars, but if nothing else it may get the word out that they are for sale. I'm not going to go into big descriptions and post a bunch of pics here, but if you send me a PM, I can call or e-mail you all the details. I've continued to work on each project, so future pricing will depend on what's been done and what parts go with the deal.

1960 289 Lark Marshal 2-door: PM for details
    1949 2R15 one ton pickup : SOLD
    1962 V8 Lark V8 Y4 Sedan: SOLD
    1961 V8 Lark Fleet car (Police): SOLD
    1957 3E5 112 Transtar Deluxe: SOLD
    Last edited by Skinnys Garage; 12-10-2012, 04:08 PM.
    Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

The '60 Marshal includes all the paperwork from the archive (7 pages and the PO), museum photos, owners manual and clear title. It does not include all the NOS body parts and CE repair parts I originally bought for it, but a few pieces I'm not using for my '59 could be included like the NOS rear fenders, rear gravel shield and the new CE rockers. Also included are boxes of parts removed from the car when I took it apart. It is very complete, with nearly everything from the production order present. Here's a link to a previous thread.
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...arshal-Updates
    Last edited by Skinnys Garage; 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Very sorry to hear that Skinny, those are some rare cars, if that Special Ordered '60 Lark 2 dr. were in my garage it would be a definite KEEPER, but I can't afford to get it there, like I am guessing a lot of us West of the Rockies.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Very sorry to hear that Skinny, those are some rare cars, if that Special Ordered '60 Lark 2 dr. were in my garage it would be a definite KEEPER, but I can't afford to get it there, like I am guessing a lot of us West of the Rockies.
        Thanks Rich, I wish I could keep every car I've ever had, but living in town with limited room (and not independently wealthy) makes rotation a necessity. I've decided to restore my '59 back to original condition and let the hot rodder in me have fun with the Transtar (Stude powered of course).

As far as transporting the Marshal, I thought offering it for only $1500 I was already paying for shipping! I have decided to keep the trunk section, tail light panel and CE floors for my '59, so the only parts that I will let go are the NOS rear fenders, gravel shield and CE rockers. It's a very complete car and I've even gathered some extra parts along with having the heads done already. I just hope someone with the time and money can restore it to showroom, so I can see it done someday.

Comment

Even the SPCA can't save all the little lost kittens. We feel your pain.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

I like your phraseology....
            If I may be so bold as to paraphrase.....

"I'm not selling my Studebaker's...I'm rotating them!"

(There's a real truth in that, as there are no more new ones.....That's a phrase that is almost as good as CASO)
            Like it!
            Jeff

Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
            <snip>
            I wish I could keep every car I've ever had, but living in town with limited room makes rotation a necessity.
            <snip>
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Well, the '61 went to a new home today. Now both '61s will be restored by forum members. I'm glad I didn't part it out, it's a special car and went to a good home. That's one down and six to go counting parts cars...........

Comment

Wish you were closer , i'd got just the place for that ' 60 !
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
                  I've been going back and forth for days about posting this or not. The summer is getting away from me and I really need to get some things done around the house and to my "keeper" projects. The yard is full of Stude projects that I probably won't get much farther on this year and they need new homes.

I thought before I did my E-Bay thing with big descriptions, lots of pics, fees etc., I'd offer them up here at very tempting prices first. I know the forum has a limited range for selling cars, but if nothing else it may get the word out that they are for sale. I'm not going to go into big descriptions and post a bunch of pics here, but if you send me a PM, I can call or e-mail you all the details.

The prices are pretty rock bottom, but could change up or down depending on what parts may be included or excluded.

1960 289 Lark Marshal 2-door: $1500
                  1949 2R15 one ton pickup : $500
                  1962 V8 Lark 4-door sedan : $750
                  1961 V8 Lark Fleet car (Police): SOLD
                  I would love to have that 2R15. The price is right but it's just too far away. :-(
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                    I would love to have that 2R15. The price is right but it's just too far away. :-(
                    Aw c'mon Jerry! Just think of the "Road Trip" adventure you can have...This time, just remember to use a tandem trailer and take a couple of spare tires with you. We'd love to read about it here on the forum!
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                      Aw c'mon Jerry! Just think of the "Road Trip" adventure you can have...This time, just remember to use a tandem trailer and take a couple of spare tires with you. We'd love to read about it here on the forum!
                      That's so funny I forgot to laugh. <G> :-)
                      Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

No need to dig out the spare trailer tires Jerry, another forum member decided to take it home. I actually had a couple people after it, it's a pretty cool old truck.

Comment

New Edition

I've decided to add my '57 Transtar Deluxe 3E5-112 with a clear title to the project "for sale" list.

It currently has a '54 Champion 6 with overdrive installed and is stuck, but I'm just starting to check that out. The bed floor isn't rusted out, but the cab floor, corners, steps, door bottoms and rear of the front fenders do have rust.

I also have a complete '59 truck 289 (currently stuck also), T-85 three speed setup with all the mounts and truck specific parts including radiator in a 2R5 that can be bought whole or in pieces with the '57. This truck or parts won't be sold separate from the '57 unless the buyer doesn't want them, but may be available after ther '57 sells. Other interesting parts on the 2R5 include a '59 Deluxe front clip, electric wiper setup and a 3/4 ton rear end.

Here's a quick pic of the trucks for now.

Last edited by Skinnys Garage; 10-26-2010, 03:09 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

I pulled the head on the Transtar and got the engine loose. The back cylinder was stuck and has some pitting on the wall along with some of the valves, so it should probably be rebuilt. I'll probably still get it running to check the clutch and trans out. Here's a pic just before I put the head back on using the old gasket for now.

Last edited by Skinnys Garage; 10-18-2010, 11:36 PM. Reason: pic

Comment

Looks like it was all rebuilt with new Pistons and one or two new Tulip head Stainless Intake Valves.
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X