Extended cab 4x4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended cab 4x4!

I think this has real potential for an awesome custom- and at a more than reasonable price (provided the work already done is decent quality- a big 'if'):

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/1890318632.html
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Originally posted by Studedude
    II hate that I have lost interest in such a project, but I have. :-(
    I dunno Dave, looks like a nice start on Goliath II
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I haven't heard Nick Tosie's name in over 12,000 post's
      (wonder where he is today?)

[QUOTE=Studedude;480420]I am 99.99% sure that this is the truck I tried to buy from Nick Tosie's father many years ago.
      <snip>
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
        I think this has real potential for an awesome custom- and at a more than reasonable price (provided the work already done is decent quality- a big 'if'):

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/1890318632.html
        I tried to buy this twice one a year ago and was told it had been sold, same pics same location.

Comment

Of all the crew "C" Cabs, and extended Cabs I have seen and seen posted here, this one is the very best looking design and truly DOES have a lot of potential. I am not a big fan of the Chevy chassis and power train and too tall ride height, but that Cab and Box are really beautiful!

The Cab back wall or the whole Cab is 1955 and on, and not "R" Series like the front clip is.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I agree Rich. For my taste I'd look into getting it a bit lower, and at least consider Stude power. Besides, it would need to get lower to fit in a quonset hut <wink>

As we know the cabs are a bit small; not only is this one visually appealing, it solves the legroom problem. Would love to see someone here get it and follow the progress!
            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Has never had a leg room problem,but i like the truck. I also would lower it.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Very interesting truck. Wish I could afford it. It does appear to be well done. No glass though and the doors are... well, not there. That extended cab is very attractive to this six-foot-plus driver as well. Still, there appears to be a LOT of bondo on this thing. Then again, with those tiny pictures, who can tell?
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The $3,000 plus shipping home is just a small down payment. It will take another $10k to make that into a decent-looking, running, driving truck. Ask me how I know.

jack vines
                  PackardV8

Comment

I like it,except ya the height =does need lowered! and it certainly looks to me that thing has a TILT NOSE!
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

What's wrong with the height??? Just slap on some big mud tires and have yoself some fun in the mud. At least that's the way we do it in GA.
                      Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                      Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                      Lizella, GA

Comment

Guys I gotta say I really like this truck, It would take at least another 10K to finish but for what will end up being at least 25K
                        it would be well worth it. I personally would love to have it.
                        I could make one sweet welding rig out of that ! Keep the height and some retractable running boards, HUGE front bumper guard.

Good thing my car isnt finished yet and the truck is not close by.

Dean.

Comment

Nick's truck is in Oregon

[QUOTE=Studedude;480420]I am 99.99% sure that this is the truck I tried to buy from Nick Tosie's father many years ago.
                          Nope, that truck is up in Oregon being completed. It's owned by a buddy of mine, the guy who it was first promised to before it was promised to others by Nick.
                          George

Comment

That is gonna be one sweet truck when its done, I have to say
                            I like this truck a LOT !

Glad someone is working on it rather than to think its just sitting.

Dean.

Comment

I think the height is good.
                              It would make one cool tow rig. Me and a buddy salvage aircraft every now and then. This would be perfect!
                              Orlando FLA

Comment

Working...
                              X