Daytona relisted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona relisted

The high bidder backed out due to money concerns, so it's back up. He was kind enough to pay my ebay fees, so no big deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300100817488

64 Commander-64 Daytona
    64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert-63
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Yeah, right...
    But it should be a big deal[:0]
    You removed the minimum, and added a 'Buy It Now'...
    All for him, he snags it, and then he backs out?
    WTH is with people anyways?
    Your (bidders) word is supposed to mean something.....
    Another casual Studebaker person taking it down another notch
    (Even if he is a 'regular', this kind of stuff stinks...)
    It makes one hope this marque doesn't get any more popular.
    But I guess that sounds crass, so I won't say it...again[}]
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by JDP

The high bidder backed out due to money concerns, so it's back up. He was kind enough to pay my ebay fees, so no big deal.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yeah, right...
      But it should be a big deal[:0]
      You removed the minimum, and added a 'Buy It Now'...
      All for him, he snags it, and then he backs out?
      WTH is with people anyways?
      Your (bidders) word is supposed to mean something.....
      Another casual Studebaker person taking it down another notch
      (Even if he is a 'regular', this kind of stuff stinks...)
      It makes one hope this marque doesn't get any more popular.
      But I guess that sounds crass, so I won't say it...again[}]
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by JDP

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I heard a dozen stories about emergencies coming up that prevent bidders from their obligation, but I take folks at their word. the simple fact is, they are backing out of a deal and even if they are not being truthful, I have little recourse. The guy did pay my fees, and that was nice, but I've have found that bidders may shy away from a car that's been relisted, so I'll have to deal with that.
        I had one seller not ship a part because he "lost it" only to find he had sold it for more money to a person that offered him more then my winning bid, but then again, I've actually had a bidder diagnosed with terminal cancer before I was able to ship the car. The best policy is just to relist the item rather then expect any dishonesty without proof. I guess I could force a new widow to complete a deal for example, but the karma wheel would kick me in the butt.

64 Commander-64 Daytona
        64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
        63 Avanti R1
        63 Daytona convert-63
        63 Lark 2 door
        62 Lark 2 door
        60 Lark HT-60Hawk
        59 3E truck
        52 & 53 Starliner
        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I heard a dozen stories about emergencies coming up that prevent bidders from their obligation, but I take folks at their word. the simple fact is, they are backing out of a deal and even if they are not being truthful, I have little recourse. The guy did pay my fees, and that was nice, but I've have found that bidders may shy away from a car that's been relisted, so I'll have to deal with that.
          I had one seller not ship a part because he "lost it" only to find he had sold it for more money to a person that offered him more then my winning bid, but then again, I've actually had a bidder diagnosed with terminal cancer before I was able to ship the car. The best policy is just to relist the item rather then expect any dishonesty without proof. I guess I could force a new widow to complete a deal for example, but the karma wheel would kick me in the butt.

64 Commander-64 Daytona
          64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
          63 Avanti R1
          63 Daytona convert-63
          63 Lark 2 door
          62 Lark 2 door
          60 Lark HT-60Hawk
          59 3E truck
          52 & 53 Starliner
          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

A few years ago a buyer hit the bin on my $1800 Harley engine. He soon emailed me that his wife wouldn't let him buy it!![well,I guess he was honest.]he paid for my ebay fees.I sold a 52 Commander 4 dr for a hundred or so,that guy paid me,then said he could find no way to come and get the car,and told me to keep the money.

LaSalle,Il
            61Hawk
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

A few years ago a buyer hit the bin on my $1800 Harley engine. He soon emailed me that his wife wouldn't let him buy it!![well,I guess he was honest.]he paid for my ebay fees.I sold a 52 Commander 4 dr for a hundred or so,that guy paid me,then said he could find no way to come and get the car,and told me to keep the money.

LaSalle,Il
              61Hawk
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I've actually had a bidder diagnosed with terminal cancer before I was able to ship the car. The best policy is just to relist the item rather then expect any dishonesty without proof. I guess I could force a new widow to complete a deal for example, but the karma wheel would kick me in the butt.

Interestingly enough, I had a customer return an order for a full main bath renovation due to the fact 'the customer died before the work began'. I told him if he already signed the contract, DO the job even though he's longer around to test out the new throne!! It will stand up in court, and you are guaranteed payment from the estate by acting within the 30 day claim period. I didn't ask too many more questions after that, but since the reno was an 'improvement', and if the heirs sold the house, you can bet it only ADDED value to the property, just as would a Studebaker in the driveway!

Craig

Comment

I've actually had a bidder diagnosed with terminal cancer before I was able to ship the car. The best policy is just to relist the item rather then expect any dishonesty without proof. I guess I could force a new widow to complete a deal for example, but the karma wheel would kick me in the butt.

Interestingly enough, I had a customer return an order for a full main bath renovation due to the fact 'the customer died before the work began'. I told him if he already signed the contract, DO the job even though he's longer around to test out the new throne!! It will stand up in court, and you are guaranteed payment from the estate by acting within the 30 day claim period. I didn't ask too many more questions after that, but since the reno was an 'improvement', and if the heirs sold the house, you can bet it only ADDED value to the property, just as would a Studebaker in the driveway!

Craig

Comment

Well, I tried to get you started (eBay, don't get your nose hairs in an uproar - had I won I would have gladly paid what I bid!) but it's already getting too rich for my blood... good luck!

nate

--
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                    --
                    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Well, I tried to get you started (eBay, don't get your nose hairs in an uproar - had I won I would have gladly paid what I bid!) but it's already getting too rich for my blood... good luck!

nate

--
                      55 Commander Starlight
                      --
                      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

I'm curious, what was the BIN price last time? Still a very beautiful car, and Momma is still saying no.

Randy_G
                        1959 Lark Sedan
                        www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

I'm curious, what was the BIN price last time? Still a very beautiful car, and Momma is still saying no.

Randy_G
                          1959 Lark Sedan
                          www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

$7500 same as last time.

64 Commander-64 Daytona
                            64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
                            63 Avanti R1
                            63 Daytona convert-63
                            63 Lark 2 door
                            62 Lark 2 door
                            60 Lark HT-60Hawk