1960 convertible seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 convertible seller

Now, this guy has an interesting eBay attitude! Funny description. Sadly, my car was in worse shape to look at when I got it for about the same listed price, but it's easily worth that amount. Go out to the valley and get it, folks...

I'd take yours Dave <g>
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I'll bet that guy is a lot of fun when he gets a few beers under his belt!

Comment

Can understand where he is coming from. Have a '33 Chev listed for sale on a couple of sites. Noted that it is for sale, NO TRADES!. Just about everyone who has called about the car wants to know if I will take their POS in trade.
        Bob
        Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Well, ya can't say he didn't lead with the worst picture. I think those seats would take Grand Prize in the "Ugliest Seats in the Universe" contest. And he won't even take my ugly sister in trade! HUMPHH!

CAPITALIST!

John

Comment

I told him he does not have the balls to scrap it, lets see what happens.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

The same equipment and colors, in and out, as my 1960 convertible was. No, I am no longer the one to bring it back.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Now I wonder if he'll take my pretty sister ?
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Naw, I think you guys got it all wrong, a good set of JDP's Seat Covers will fix that right up!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Let him send it to the crusher,why do people make threats like that,they are not scaring any one.
                    It would cost between $15,000 to $25,000 to restore it i think.

Comment

I think the heat is just getting to him out there in the valley this summer, but I can understand his loss of patience with eBay buyers and their lack of attention. Can't say he isn't up front about it, though.... no sugar coating going on. I usually prefer that over a slick salesman's pitch. More of an anti-marketing plan with those shots, however.

There is a lot of work ahead for any future owner, sure, but if he actually showed how solid it is with a few more pictures it would really help. He won't get much for scrap without that engine, so he's bluffing, but I hope someone grabs it who has the time and money to save it.

Gary, it is the same combo as was mine, too. I like that white over red choice many '60s seem to have received.
                      Last edited by barnlark; 08-12-2010, 04:43 AM.

Comment

A little vinyl cleaner and it should be as good as new.

Comment

Back again, this time starting at $560 with no reserve. Can't argue with that price!
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                            Back again, this time starting at $560 with no reserve. Can't argue with that price!

A little better, I guess......If it was next door I'd save the poor thing, then again if it was next door to me in this shape.........the floors would have been gone 3 winters ago.
                            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

That's a great price and it's close enough for me to get it easily. However, my wife just did Gloria Allred's makeup for a TV show the other day (I'm not kidding). Fear will make me pass on this one.
                              Scott Rodgers
                              Los Angeles
                              SDC Member since 1989
                              \'60 Lark HT
                              \'63 Wagonaire
                              \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Working...
                              X