Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's one to drool over. 1958 Packard wagon

I love these colors http://cgi.ebay.com/Packard-P8-1958-...item2c5654f1b5

What a nice combination! Sure beats the Surf over Park combo which says 'early 50s' to me. Not that there weren't green cars in 1958, but the real mania was over by then. Besides, Kaiser got and used all the best greens going in 53-54, inside and out. Had I but world (space and money) enough and time....

Comment

Originally posted by 5859 View Post
      Yes, nice combination. Here's a sedan in the same colors:

And it does stand out over the other lighter colors one usually sees a '58 Packard painted...

Craig
      Last edited by 8E45E; 08-04-2010, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Another reason to find that lost winning lottery ticket. What a nice looking wagon.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Beautiful car. Haven't we seen this one before though, rather recently in fact?
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
            Beautiful car. Haven't we seen this one before though, rather recently in fact?
            If so-- I TOTALLY MISSED IT!!!
            This is the first wagon I've ever seen in these colors that I can recall.
            Now, there was that green one a week or two ago...
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Green Interior or Blue Interior?

Those Interior Pics really DO make you wonder if it actually has a Turquoise GREEN Interior in a Beautiful Mountain Blue and Waterfall BLUE Car!

Lighting and flash can do funny things, but I don't see ANY Blue in that Interior.

I guess you can write off that one tailgate pic as bad lighting, with too much Red causing it to look Green, but I don't know about that Interior?
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

What a great looking car that 1958 Packard Wagon is . The colour combination
                really makes it stand out . I know that some people have a 'love / hate' view on
                these vehicles but if I was anywhere near New York , I would be a serious bidder.
                And that photo , earlier in this "thread" that shows (5) five 1958
                Packards in a row has shot into my top (10) ten photos list that I have seen this
                year !! Bruce Neasmith .

Comment

Oops , even better , I expanded my page and found that there are (6) six
                  1958 Packards in a row ! You can never have enough of a good thing
                  apparently !! Bruce Neasmith .

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    Those Interior Pics really DO make you wonder if it actually has a Turquoise GREEN Interior in a Beautiful Mountain Blue and Waterfall BLUE Car!

Lighting and flash can do funny things, but I don't see ANY Blue in that Interior.

I guess you can write off that one tailgate pic as bad lighting, with too much Red causing it to look Green, but I don't know about that Interior?
                    Your eyes DO NOT deceive you... they just stopped you a little short of an explanation. From the seller's description:

Originally Surf Green over Park Green, car was repainted in a factory correct color code of Waterfall Blue (in 2007) over Mountain Blue (in the early 1970's). All original interior with upholstery and carpeting intact although delicate.

All things considered, I think I can arrange to become selectively colourblind ;-)

Comment

The cloth material on the seats and door panels, is there a name for that style, and is it available as reproduced or nos material?

Comment

That cloth material that you refer to (5859) is probably hard to find
                        to suit a 1958 Packard . I don't know the name of the cloth either.!
                        But I was told that it is VERY close a match to an AMC Ambasador
                        car for 1970 . Apparently the only difference is that the AMC fabric
                        lacks the tiny silver coloured threads that are evident on Packard .
                        Maybe you could search via AMC people if you want to give it a try.
                        .. Bruce Neasmith .

Comment

Although I am not a fan of the front styling on a Pakard Hawk, I believe that it is perfect on the wagon. I would love to have one of these, but alas I'll learn to content when my Avanti is finished and I am driving her.
                          sigpic
                          John
                          63R-2386
                          Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

A couple of notes. This car is in the 58 Packard Wagon registry. It surfaced around 8 years ago only for a couple of days and the current owner bought it. Peter has a number of cars and does a beautiful job with his cars. Many of his cars have been in movies. This is one of the two 58 Packard Wagons that he has in his collection. The interior has the surf green vinyl verses the light blue that would of come with this car in its current color combo on the exterior. The interior cloth and vinyl are being reproduced and can be purchased at SMS. This one is a very nice car and I would love to add it to my fleet, but I think to purchase it, it is going to take some serious dollars.

Comment

I'll be interested to see how much it goes for, since mine is fairly comparable to it. That dash is really nice! Joe, how do the '57s and '58s compare for value?
                              Chip
                              '63 Cruiser
                              '57 Packard wagon
                              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X