Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOS Parts Identification Help (Pic Warning)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NOS Parts Identification Help (Pic Warning)

    I stumbled across some NOS Studebaker parts; while most of the items have part numbers, there were some that had no part numbers or the part numbers could not be deciphered. I have exhausted all available (to me) methods of determining what these fit, with the excpetion of putting them out in front of knowledgeable Studebaker folks.

    Hopefully the combined Studebaker knowledge on this Forum can provide assistance in identifiying these as to application (years, models) or even better yet part numbers.

    Thanks in advance!!!!

    1) License plate light lens, shown in the first two pics just below.




    2) Identified as a fuel tank sender for a '41 car.....thanks to Chris D. and 41Frank!!! Fuel tank sender (two pics just below), does not look like any postwar sender I have seen. Prewar possibly?



    3) Not sure what this is, looks like some kind of electrical ‘make/break’ device with a bimetallic strip on one side and a small resistance heater on the other. Shown in following two pics:




    4) Identified as a station wagon upper gate latch p/n 1337319 by Dylan Wills - Thanks Dylan!! Some type of chrome latch bracket, I think maybe for a station wagon but don’t know years/models – next two pics:




    5) Identified as spacers for '56 backup light bodies p/n 1540328 by KGlowacky - Thanks!! Two chrome spacers, maybe convertible top?? Shown in following picture:



    6) Gas pedal, maybe prewar? See following two pics:




    7) Two rebound bumpers (at least that is what they look like to me) but much shorter than the ‘50s/’60s ones I am used to. Note that they are two different items, one is shorter with a longer mounting stud, the other is longer with a shorter mounting stud. See following pic:
    Last edited by r1lark; 08-06-2010, 06:57 PM. Reason: clarity; added p/n identified for item 4) , 5), and 2)
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

  • #2
    Gas Pedal is Ford/Mercury, "Lic. Lt." could be a convertible under dash courtesy light, no Stude. lic. Lts. are threaded.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

    Comment


    • #3
      The electrical flasher or time delay switch is not for Stude that I know of.
      Barry'd in Studes

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TX Rebel View Post
        The electrical flasher or time delay switch is not for Stude that I know of.
        Maybe Avanti II ? Some of the parts are early Avanti II (ie, 1700xxx series part numbers).
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

        Comment


        • #5
          The make/break device looks like the contact (park switch) in a wiper motor... has the same color wires that I have seen on my wiper motor and others
          Last edited by StudeSchack; 08-03-2010, 03:06 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            That latch is indeed a station wagon upper tailgate latch. That would be for '60? to '62 wagons if I remember right. Are you selling these parts? If so, I really like that latch!
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.


            1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
            1914 Ford Model T

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank Dylan! I'll let you know about selling, also have other various bits and pieces of station wagon tailgate parts.
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

              Comment


              • #8
                The sending unit is very similar to the one on my '40, so I would guess it's prewar.
                Chris Dresbach

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                  The sending unit is very similar to the one on my '40, so I would guess it's prewar.
                  Chris,

                  Does yours have two wires that attach to it? I really couldn't figure out what the second wire was for.......do you know?
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Before I tell you what those chrome looking spacers are for. Are they for sale???? I will pay @10.00 for the pair. LOL. Just kinding but I may have an interest. The are spacers for backup lights for some sort of hawk. I know this only because when I was looking for back up lights for my 56 wagon I purchased a set from Mr Biggs and they came with these spacers. The 56 wagons did not use them and Biggs told me these back up lights came on 56 wagons and golden HAwks or somrthing like that and the spacers were needed on the Hawks. The back up lights are rare rare so I assume these spacers would be also. Although these can be duplicated rather easily. I am sure someone can confirm what year hawks these will fit.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by KGlowacky View Post
                      I am sure someone can confirm what year hawks these will fit.
                      That is a very easy question, since the only Hawks without built-in back-up lights is 1956.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by KGlowacky View Post
                        Before I tell you what those chrome looking spacers are for. Are they for sale???? I will pay @10.00 for the pair. LOL. Just kinding but I may have an interest. The are spacers for backup lights for some sort of hawk. I know this only because when I was looking for back up lights for my 56 wagon I purchased a set from Mr Biggs and they came with these spacers. The 56 wagons did not use them and Biggs told me these back up lights came on 56 wagons and golden HAwks or somrthing like that and the spacers were needed on the Hawks. The back up lights are rare rare so I assume these spacers would be also. Although these can be duplicated rather easily. I am sure someone can confirm what year hawks these will fit.
                        Yep, for 1956, part number 1540328. Thanks!!
                        Paul
                        Winston-Salem, NC
                        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It also looks just like the sender in my 41 Champion that I just replaced. Yes they have 2 wires. Until the early 50's many models of Studes if not all had 2 wire senders that is how the gauge functioned. Can't explain excactly how it worked though.
                          Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                          Chris,

                          Does yours have two wires that attach to it? I really couldn't figure out what the second wire was for.......do you know?
                          Last edited by 41 Frank; 08-05-2010, 03:28 PM.
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                            Chris,

                            Does yours have two wires that attach to it? I really couldn't figure out what the second wire was for.......do you know?
                            Yup, two wires. One goes to the gauge (but mine is not hooked up) and I think the other is a ground or power wire. Not really sure, mine needs a lot of work. lol
                            Chris Dresbach

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Chris and 41Frank, looks like you have it pegged. I found a pic (link: https://www.studebakerparts.com/stud...es/513163i.jpg ) on studebakerparts.com of a '41 sender, and it looks the same. Now, I know that a lot of senders look similar but will have different part numbers.

                              41Frank, do you still have the sender that you pulled out of your car? If so, can you measure the length of the float arm rod, from where it comes out of the body of the sender to the center of the float?
                              Paul
                              Winston-Salem, NC
                              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X