Wheel Vintiques Vintage Wire Wheel Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Vintiques Vintage Wire Wheel Sale

I get e-mails every once and a while from Wheel Vintiques on their sale items...
    This one looks pretty interesting...
    Jeff

http://www.wheelvintiques.com/index....nostagia-wire/

(Copy)
    Wheel Vintiques

15X6 NOSTAGIA WIRE
    Posted: 29 Jul 2010 01:56 PM PDT
    THESE CHROME WHEELS ARE 15X6 52 SPOKE WHEELS WITH A 5-4 1/2-5-4 3/4BP.
    WE ARE LETTING THEM GO FOR $650.00 PER SET W/CAPS.
    PLEASE CALL OUR SALES DEPT AT 559-251-6957 FOR ANY QUESTIONS TO ORDER.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Darn, just got new wheels recently; I would have jumped on these.

Joe D.

Comment

I think I'd like to have a set of these for a '64 GT. Has anyone had experience with this company or their products? I guess I'd like to hear someone vouch for them or the products they carry before I order anything.

Thanks
      Larry

Comment

I have ordered an ran several sets on several different cars...No problems whatsoever)
        They have been on the Yellow POS since 2002 and I can't remember the last time I added air to them.
        Decent company.
        Jeff

Originally posted by SuperHawk View Post
        I think I'd like to have a set of these for a '64 GT. Has anyone had experience with this company or their products? I guess I'd like to hear someone vouch for them or the products they carry before I order anything.

Thanks
        Larry
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Wow, that's a deal. Wheel Vintiques has an excellent reputation as far as I have heard.

Wires look great, but you have to be a little masochistic to run them, not easy to keep clean. Even more so if you run them with wide whites, final step is putting them on a black car! You just have to enjoy cleaning! LOL

Pat
          Last edited by Pat Dilling; 07-30-2010, 04:14 PM.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I ran a set of wheels from them that look like DEEPNHOCKS on a 94 F-150 for 140,000 miles from these folks, and back then, they had to make that set for me. They were completely like he says, didn't even have to add air except for tire-related problems a couple of times. AND, they were reasonable, polite, and acted like interested car-guys when I spoke with them. Modern wire wheels like shown in the pics are all over in the street rod crowd, and I've never heard one of the guys complain about them. I had a very early set that I bought used and put on my Sky Hawk, but they had the wrong back-spacing (VERY important), so sold them to a F**d friend who ran them for years with no trouble except keeping them clean, and that is a bit more trouble. John

Comment

They are pretty to look at but a Pain in the butt to clean. BTDT.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I talked to the salesman at Wheel Vintiques today. Apparently these are not a premium wheel that has a temporary price reduction. Rather, he said, these were a recent run of wheels made up from imperfect parts ... there may be scratches, etc., thus the low price. I think the guy's name was Eric. After due consideration of the product, and their (lack of) return/refund policy if I'm not happy, I've decided not to buy.

Larry

Comment

Working...
                X