Avanti steering wheel color match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti steering wheel color match?

I am just about ready for paint to go on the '63 Avanti steering wheel I am restoring. The wheel needs to be tan to match the interior. Does anyone know of a current match to the original wheel color that I can go to my local (duPont) auto paint store and order?
    I painted the last steering wheel I restored with acrylic lacquer. This is no longer available, so what paint systems currently available will work on this steering wheel? I am not comitted to duPont exclusively. It's just that that jobber is closest and my Dad was a chemical engineer for duPont for 42 years and helped develop some of their automotive paint systems, so I've been pretty loyal over the years. Thanks in advance. Tom

It's the standard Fawn color used in the interior. Studebaker International sells rattle cans of it...both paint and vinyl dye. You can always get a can of either and have a local paint shop match it if the spray paint itself is not suitable for the steering wheel.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
    X