Latest Turining Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Turining Wheels

I just received my August issue of Turning Wheels, and I have to say: "AWESOME"!!!
    First of all it's now shipped in a plastic bag, which looks like it will eliminate scuffing of the cover pix, and it should prevent bent pages. Already this issue looks "cleaner", as the plastic has eliminated countless hand prints and general grime.
    Secondly, the color pages are getting better, and what stories! Ed Reynolds Stude Int'l article is especially interesting; what with the pictures and historical references.
    Congrats Art on another great issue!

Still waiting for mine to arrive can't wait to read it.
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

BruceStude, I'd have to second your comment on the magazine. Haven't had a chance to thumb through it, but it's in the best shape that I've ever recieved one in. BTW - thanks again for the part for the champion part. Did you ever get called out to fight that fire?
      1938 Commander (great-grandfathers)
      1948 Commander (great-grandmothers)

Comment

I got mine today too, and agree that it was a very good issue! I also really enjoyed Eds article about the move. It was also the first time that some of my photos that I took while helping at the engineering made it in TW (Eds article, page 32 and 36), unfortunately they didn't get creadited. Still a great aricle! I enjoyed reading a little more on the prototypes.
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Pretty COOL! I noticed all of the former cover BORDERS are GONE!

You now get 100% Picture on the covers!

OH! Also don't miss the selfless promotion for our upcoming Pacific Can-Am Zone Meet Sept. 10-12, in Bellingham, WA on Pg.2 inside front cover by Brian Curtis our Chapter newsletter Editor, with some of our Chapter Members cars!
          Last edited by StudeRich; 07-26-2010, 09:53 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Beautiful Turning wheels this month! Good job to all who contributed.
            Happy as a clam with the polybagging, too. Nice surprise.

Comment

Is the plastic cover for all or just first class?

Comment

Originally posted by Retired View Post
                For all- a decision made at the Glendale meet. Mimi explains the decision in her column in the August TW.
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

On one of the other threads, members seem to be complaining about the poly bag decision. Here, it seems we like them. I do! I average 4 issues per year that need replaced. Mine arrived in the bag, in pristine condition. Congrats B.O.D's. stupak

Comment

I just received my August issue of TW yesterday. It arrived in great shape. Although I've not read the whole issue, I really enjoyed Matthew's review of the Glendale meet. Nice job, Matt.
                    Ed Reynolds did a great job describing the incredible move of SASCO to his new location in South Bend. Terrific photos too. I can't wait to see the new warehouse when I next visit South Bend.
                    I'm never dissappointed with any issue, but this one is exceptional.
                    Thanks.
                    Rog
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I thought this was a particularly good issue, too.
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

The pic and story of the restored garbage truck made my month!

Comment

Nice issue and glad to see the bag.
                          Too many issues spoiled by the USPS (or someone)...folded, wet, torn.
                          Many of my other magazines (Avanti OAI, Mercedes Club, Sports Car Market, two car/plane imports from the UK, Basset Hound Club) come bagged, so it's hardly a luxury.
                          Last edited by JBOYLE; 07-27-2010, 01:04 PM.
                          63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by Retired View Post

First class comes in a paper envelope.

Comment

Hey oregonroses-It was good to see you, hope that part works out OK. No, I didn't go out to the wild fire (it eventually burned 6,200 acres), but we did had a HUGE warehouse fire 2 days later. My crew manned a 102 ft. ladder flowing 1200 GPM for about 3 hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X