M15 and airbag suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M15 and airbag suspension

Von really wants that truck, anybody ever use airbags on an old stude truck? Iknow you will still have steering and braking issues buy just going over all options before shooting her down on this. We just watched extreme 4X4 the other day and they put airride on an old 6X6 so now she wants to know why we can't do that.

Got to give her creadit she's persistant.
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

John-

IMO, you'd be getting off track here. Your original criteria was for a decent, running truck that needed little or nothing. Given your schedule and the number of projects you already have going, you would likely end up with a frustrated missus waiting indefinitely for her ride to be finished It's not a small project.

I think you and Von would be much happier to either buy a nice, ready-to-go one, accepting all the negatives inherent with one of these, or change plans to another vehicle, maybe a finished custom M-series. Of course, there's the clash between readiness and budget... that's for you to decide. Good luck!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Yeh I tried to tell her she is going to either go custom or nothing she has problems with her neck and I just know she will not enjoy driving any old stude truck. I even tried to get her interested in a nice 53 HT I found cuase she likes those too. But she really wants an M so likely well have to just shop and find a good deal on a modified. Just exploring all options so she can't say I didn't try.
      John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Working...
      X